Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Boxster 987 Window Switch Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 10:38 PM
Swifffty
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2005 Boxster 987 Window Switch Issue?

Hey all. New to the forums, sorry if this isn't in the correct location.
I recently picked up a 2005 Porsche Boxster 2.7 5SPD. I'm having issues with the driver side window switches.
So the window switches do not lower or raise the driver's or passenger's window. The windows however work whenever you hold the unlock position of the key inside the door, both windows go down. The passenger side door switch operates the window, raises/lowers, so thankfully the motors are perfectly fine.
Any clue to what needs to be replaced in the driver side door panel? Seems like it may be related to the switches, as they do not do anything when pressed.
Thanks.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:58 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

I think you answered your own question... Replace the switch.

Each door has a door control module that operates all the motors. The switches are just an input to the controller. From what you describe the controller and motors are working just fine.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:54 AM
Swifffty
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
I think you answered your own question... Replace the switch.

Each door has a door control module that operates all the motors. The switches are just an input to the controller. From what you describe the controller and motors are working just fine.
Sweet! I just wanted to see if it could be anything else besides the switches, but it seems like it's the switch module. Thankfully it's only a $135 part. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: 2005 Boxster 987 Window Switch Issue?