Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Smog - Drive cycles and setting air systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 03:23 PM
Bernie987
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had similar problems in Colorado. I could not got the EVAP and Air pump to read ready. Drove 600 miles trying to accomplish it. When I gave up and stored it for the winter I did some research.

-Colorado has a way to challenge the test. In short, if your check engine light is off but your car won't read ready, if it fits on their dyno you can get a letter allow them to actually test the emissions. As I understand CA has something similar. I had to make an appointment, the technical guy from the state verified everything was in place, and he gave me the letter so from now on if it isn't ready I can just go on the dyno.

-Shortly after passing the test, the car started idling poorly. turns out I needed an air oil separator. You may want to have a shop put the manometer on it and see if it also need the air oil separator. Not sure that was all my emissions issues, but I think it was related.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:18 PM
jreederphoto
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I only have the Evap and Secondary Air unset, can I just do the cold startup idle and 40-60mph freeway steps?

Or do you always have to do them all?

Thanks!

2006 987 S

Quick Reply: California Smog - Drive cycles and setting air systems