Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replaced clutch - slow pedal rebound

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:39 AM
AB_Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced clutch - slow pedal rebound

Hi- My clutch disintegrated during a DE last fall. I could only source OEM parts in time to install before the next DE / two weeks later. I did a pretty typical parts swap (clutch, pressure plate, TO bearing and clutch slave cylinder) followed by a thorough fluid bleed.

At the next event, when downshifting, I noticed the clutch pedal was slightly sluggish during the last 1/3 of rebound. It's not really noticeable during normal street driving- but definitely gets in the way when doing quick shifts on the track.

I'm not new to replacing clutches - but this was the first one I'd done on a Porsche. I know air in the line can cause this sort of behavior - but I ran so much fluid through the system- it's hard to imagine that's it. Is there something else I should explore? Could a bad clutch master be the cause? I don't think its related - but an immediate observation after replacing everything was how much lighter the clutch pedal is.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old 03-06-2021, 12:06 PM
RobT987
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I experienced a similar soft pedal return when I replaced my clutch and slave cylinder. I ended up having to power bleed it twice to get all the air out of the lines. I used Pedro's method to bleed the clutch lines the second time http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site_3/B...26_Clutch.html

Quick Reply: replaced clutch - slow pedal rebound