Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

987 Cayman - Window not going all the way up

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020 | 11:03 PM
driftin987
4th Gear

Default 987 Cayman - Window not going all the way up

Thanks in advance.

Problem.
1. passenger door, the window does not go all the way up when closed. It's stuck in the down position, leaving a little crack, rather than moving up to seal the opening.
2. the door lights are constantly in the ON position (causing battery drain, and weak starts)
3. (Intermittent) Sometimes the driver's side window randomly goes up/down/up/down nonstop

What I've tried
1. I just pulled both the microswitches in the door handles for both driver and passenger side. And bought new original parts from porsche and installed them.
2. unplug the battery, wait and reconnect. - interestingly enough, when the battery is reconnected the window does go the 'closed' position when the door is open. But after putting the window down, and back up, same issue with it not going up to the closed position.

Not sure what else to try to fix this issue. The window regulators seems to be healthy, I'm having issues with driverside headlight flickering like crazy (likely do to poor connection) and passenger side one of the pins are damaged so i have to figure out that issue as well. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: 987 Cayman - Window not going all the way up