Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 2008 Porsche Design LE 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 05:43 PM
FindingRush
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car and rare to see, congrats! Don't worry about all the issues people keep bringing up about the 987.1s, keep up with maintenance, warm up the car properly, drive often, and enjoy it! I have a 2008 RS 60 Spyder and specifically bought it because of the way it looked and I love the sound of the pre DFI engines. 987.1s are one of the most modern analog cars you can buy from Porsche, it's the best of both worlds in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:49 PM
RJ80
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
LOL - I was going to comment on this asshat's comment (for obvious reasons), but I see he's been banned.
Wow, you really brought this thread back from the dead!

Maybe his response was lacking some tact, but I don't see anything inaccurate. Lots of "special edition" cars out there, Porsche or otherwise, that are really just sticker and paint packages with no real performance advantage. They are money grabs by the manufacturer, plain and simple. Most knowledgeable buyers don't pay any extra for things like that.

There are exceptions: the RS60, for example, had enough unique and beneficial options that it offers some actual value over a lesser-optioned car.

Old 02-14-2024, 11:23 AM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by RJ80
Wow, you really brought this thread back from the dead!

Maybe his response was lacking some tact, but I don't see anything inaccurate. Lots of "special edition" cars out there, Porsche or otherwise, that are really just sticker and paint packages with no real performance advantage. They are money grabs by the manufacturer, plain and simple. Most knowledgeable buyers don't pay any extra for things like that.

There are exceptions: the RS60, for example, had enough unique and beneficial options that it offers some actual value over a lesser-optioned car.
Why the RS60? Please explain. Same standard colour scheme (Porsche's tired reach for the James Dean death car) . Same power output. Only difference *may be a dash wart and PASM (which, face it, no one here is going to detect the difference in everyday street driving). Other than that, what is the difference? Car companies have been doing that for decades but I'm under the impression that very few paid full price for this model. As such, it is a smart looking car, limited in number and at least it isn't Black with Black wheels
Cheers!

Quick Reply: New (to me) 2008 Porsche Design LE 2