Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting calipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 12:25 PM
redvancitycayman
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Painting calipers

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of tackling this project but was wondering how to remove the butterfly clip on the front caliper.

I think this should be fairly similar to what comes on other calipers that have the top closed? I've attached an image for reference!

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by redvancitycayman
Hi everyone! I'm thinking of tackling this project but was wondering how to remove the butterfly clip on the front caliper.

I think this should be fairly similar to what comes on other calipers that have the top closed? I've attached an image for reference!

Thanks!
Hmm not much in taking it apart. but why not Just have them Powder Coated at a shop.I just did my R35 and now my Cayman is almost done, ill post pics soon. but we took the caliper apart and i replaced some parts just because, or if you are good in masking .
The following users liked this post:
Ohio Performance (02-21-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:58 PM
redvancitycayman
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha thanks for the reply but you didn't really answer the question. How do you take the butterfly clips off?

I am going to get it sandblasted and tape off the seals and pistons. The reason I don't want to get it powdercoated is because I want to DIY it. I don't have a powder coating gun, compressor and oven so I just plan on painting it with some caliper paint. Maybe down the road I may think of powder coating it.

Quick Reply: Painting calipers