Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.2 Race Headers and/or Softronic tune Phoenix area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 08:55 PM
GaryLY
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 987.2 Race Headers and/or Softronic tune Phoenix area?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a set of race headers and a Softronic tune for my 2010 Boxster S but I'd love to hear a set of the headers and/or get a seat of the pants review for a 987.2 with the tune before I buy. I'm travelling to Phoenix Feb 8th and 9th and will have some free time Saturday night and early Sunday afternoon. Any chance anyone in the area is running a 987.2 with race headers (and/or a Softronic tune) and would be willing to let me hear your car Saturday night or early Sunday afternoon?
Old 02-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Kcobra
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am currently running the off road headers on my 2011 spyder along with a DIM sport tuner and needless to say it's a great upgrade. You will not regret. In fact, it will be the beginning of your pursuit to squeeze more hp out of the engine.

The following users liked this post:
GaryLY (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryLY
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a set of race headers and a Softronic tune for my 2010 Boxster S but I'd love to hear a set of the headers and/or get a seat of the pants review for a 987.2 with the tune before I buy. I'm travelling to Phoenix Feb 8th and 9th and will have some free time Saturday night and early Sunday afternoon. Any chance anyone in the area is running a 987.2 with race headers (and/or a Softronic tune) and would be willing to let me hear your car Saturday night or early Sunday afternoon?
Hello,
Softronic has after many years joined Rennlist . We will be posting in the Vendor sales section tomorrow in which you and many others may like . Im not sure if you are aware Softronic tunes each file for your car so there is no generic or extra money for a better file. Softronic offers the best files for one price and extras like Race for cat delete, Pops and Bangs and many other items are all included in our standard price . Softronic has been checking the race files for compliance for years and making files for all the top cars in Porsche racing.

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 02-08-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spell check mess up
The following 2 users liked this post by Softronic:
GaryLY (02-07-2020), NAMR6MT (02-08-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:28 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
Softronic has after many years joined Rennlist . We will be posting in the Vendor sales section tomorrow in which you and many others may like . Im not sure if you are aware Softronic tunes each file for your car so there is no generic or extra money for a better file. Softornic offers the best files for one price and extras like Race for cat delete, Pops and Bangs and many other items are all included in our standard price . Softronic has been checking the race files for compliance for years and making files for all the top cars in Porsche racing.

Best,
Scott
Great to hear! My Softronic tune has been awesome. Still remember the day when an instructor who drives a Cayman R looked over and said "what did you do to the engine? This feels like a lot more HP than mine?"
The following users liked this post:
GaryLY (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:34 PM
GaryLY
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the replies!

Scott, we talked a few weeks ago and you were super helpful! I have been swamped at work but expect a slow down in a couple of weeks. Then I'll have time for the install. I'm still trying to decide between tune alone vs. tune + headers. I've been looking at the GT-racing headers (the price is good). If those will give some extra mid-range torque with the tune, I think I want to go that direction.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:31 AM
NAMR6MT
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
Softronic has after many years joined Rennlist . We will be posting in the Vendor sales section tomorrow in which you and many others may like . Im not sure if you are aware Softronic tunes each file for your car so there is no generic or extra money for a better file. Softornic offers the best files for one price and extras like Race for cat delete, Pops and Bangs and many other items are all included in our standard price . Softronic has been checking the race files for compliance for years and making files for all the top cars in Porsche racing.

Best,
Scott
My file was emailed to you yesterday from SOUL. I'll be going back in a week to have the tune (along with their catback exhaust) installed. I like how there's no need for re-mapping for added upgrades such as headers/intake. The tune adapts as needed. I'm looking forward to upgraded drive-ability, and of course hp/tq, the Softronics tune offers.

- '07 987.1 CS
Old 02-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Smile

I appreciate the input on Softronic and Im always available for personal one on one phone discussions to answer questions not only on Softronic products yet Porsche in general.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-08-2020, 03:37 PM
bjd8386
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to getting headers/tune myself this summer, and softronic has been at the top of my list.

I’m curious how the pops and bangs sound on a 987.2. Are they just like the 981? Anyone have any video examples?
Old 02-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bjd8386
Looking forward to getting headers/tune myself this summer, and softronic has been at the top of my list.

I’m curious how the pops and bangs sound on a 987.2. Are they just like the 981? Anyone have any video examples?
They are the same in either car when we add them. This is a Cayman Race car with full race exhaust and no mufflers so it is much louder than what a stock car would be.

Last edited by Softronic; 02-08-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:09 PM
jazztrip
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 40 Posts

My track car (987.2) has BGB Cargraphic catless race headers and BGB Cargraphic race axle pipes with 2.5" magnaflow race exhaust and a Softronic Race tune. I don't have any up close sound recordings of the sound from the outside of the car, but here is a link to a lap at COTA so you can hear the sound from inside the car. On several occasions, folks at the track have said the car sounds great from the outside too. TBH, I wouldn't recommend my setup for the street; it's MIGHTY loud inside the cockpit.

FYI, the Softronic Race tune does add noticeable performance and crispness, at least for my use on the track.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just wanted everyone to know that the software special is only on until Feb 14 for 20% off and 10% on everything else like exhausts and filters.

JAZZTRIP I loved the video you posted! send me a PM as I would like to revue your flash setup on the car in case i have made further changes on it since you received it.

Best,
Scott

Quick Reply: 987.2 Race Headers and/or Softronic tune Phoenix area?