Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the blue interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:37 AM
Abbett
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree on the suspension. The car is sitting far too low for use on the street. I don't see how you could make it over a parking lot speed bump without high centering it.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:41 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 901 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow2speed
Can't comment on the interior, but the car is PDK and has the Sport Design steering wheel (both pluses on the base engine). The car is lowered but seems lower than what a X70 suspension would lower the car. So check what kind of suspension the car has: standard with lowering springs, PASM with lowering springs or X70.

Given that it is PDK you won't have to worry about a DME report for overrev's but it might be worth getting one if you are seriously considering the car, it will give you a fair idea on how the engine has been treated.

Besides the interior color, the car looks to be in good shape. One other thing to consider is what kind of seats the car has, 18 ways or the standard 2 ways. Check if the car has PTV and a LSD if you are seriously considering the car for canyon carving.

There used to be a VIN Decoder for factory option, not sure about the availability these days.
yeah, I use this all the time.... https://vinanalytics.com/

definitely looks lowered and curious to see how it feels driving it so hope to get a test drive... probably go with an S version anyways as it seems like the better bargain right now in the used 981 market.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Add me as a blue fan. White/blue and silver/blue are classic combos IMO.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Just got back from seeing it... the blue is much darker than the picture above, but it was in the showroom instead of out in the sunlight

Its better in person and the color combo works well....I just think it could use some black floor mats and some black seat inserts to break it up a bit to make it look better ... Also would look much better with some 20" silver Carrera S wheels imo

super clean car... lowered on aftermarket springs also had the GTS style taillights.

Didnt get a chance to test drive since it was in the showroom, but the salesperson said he drove it and loved the suspension , but then again he's a salesman.

little over priced right now at $44,566, but not bad....

Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

+1 for rear wiper!

https://autouniversum.wordpress.com/...f-porsche-dna/

https://petrolicious.com/articles/th...up-on-your-car
The following users liked this post:
pro1200 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 12:37 AM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

BTW: The front bumper tow hook cover is loose, so the car has been towed or has seen tracktime/autocross, can't think of anyone besides posers running with a front tow hook (rennline and such).

Were you able to get a close up on the brake disks to see the wear pattern? Also been the base car you can't tell if the car was driven hard by looking at the calipers since they are black, on a S the red calipers turn brown after frequent track use.

Last edited by 2slow2speed; 08-15-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:14 AM
vracer
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW: The front bumper tow hook cover is loose, so the car has been towed or has seen tracktime/autocross, can't think of anyone besides posers running with a front tow hook (rennline and such).

Were you able to get a close up on the brake disks to see the wear pattern? Also been the base car you can't tell if the car was driven hard by looking at the calipers since they are black, on a S the red calipers turn brown after frequent track use.
Possibly just used for license plate. For good, or ill, it has an aftermarket radio & Nav (?).

Last edited by vracer; 08-15-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: content
Old 08-15-2019, 01:37 AM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by vracer
Possibly just used for license plate.
Good point.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:05 AM
schell
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

I am probably in the minority but I think a tan interior would be a deal breaker for me on any car, I really like the blue, so many combinations on these cars so a new buyer can get exactly what they want.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:20 AM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

the front bumper recently had the clear bra removed due to an ugly scratch on the front so they just took it off...front fenders and hood still had it on. That probably is the reason for the tow hook cover.

brakes looked good.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:25 AM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schell
I am probably in the minority but I think a tan interior would be a deal breaker for me on any car, I really like the blue, so many combinations on these cars so a new buyer can get exactly what they want.
Yeah, I filter out tan interiors in my searches.....I got sick of seeing a nice one then finding out it had tan interior and killing it for me

just not my cup of tea.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:54 AM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

I thought the same about a tan interior until I saw it with aqua blue metallic. Loved it so much on the 987.2 Spyder that I bought it.
The following users liked this post:
Abbett (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 173 Posts

Cool Glad you got to see it in person. Sea Blue interior in my Boxster S. Knew I wanted the car the moment I walked up to it and saw it in situ.

Still love blue interior after 4+ years and 50k+ miles of driving.

No offense to anyone, but I have little enthusiasm for the overly common black interiors in these cars... just a little too ordinary for my tastes.

Good luck!
Old 08-15-2019, 03:32 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,347 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
Yeah, I filter out tan interiors in my searches.....I got sick of seeing a nice one then finding out it had tan interior and killing it for me

just not my cup of tea.
I'm not usually a big fan of tan interiors either. But not all tan interiors are created equal IMHO. Some are tan from the top to the bottom, floor mats, seats, dash, console, steering wheel, etc. Feels to me like I'm sitting in a jar of vomit and a no go. But some are a nice mixture of black and tan, which I am ok with, especially when combined with a nice blue exterior.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:33 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,347 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I thought the same about a tan interior until I saw it with aqua blue metallic. Loved it so much on the 987.2 Spyder that I bought it.
Are those GT4 wheels in your avatar?

Edit: Never mind. That's not your car. 982 Spyder hopeful?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the blue interior