Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2013 Ground Zero Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 09:10 PM
GZ Boxster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New to me 2013 Ground Zero Boxster

I don’t have any good pictures yet, drove it 300 miles in the NC/TN mountains today prior to the heavy rain. Here’s a link to an auto blog article about it with a bunch of pictures. We’ve test drove about 20 Boxster/Caymans over the last 2 years. 2008 - 2018 and this is the one that spoke to us. It feels different inside, seems to ride and sound different too. Even if it’s the exact same car as the others driven, doesn’t matter we LOVE it. Hope to enjoy it as a weekend mountain car for a long time.

https://www.autoblog.com/cars-for-sa...e-Boxster-2013
Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, interesting car, congrats and enjoy. Is it this one? If so, definitely should drive differently...

https://www.tuningblog.eu/en/categor...ertible-57179/
Old 08-05-2019, 12:45 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats! Sounds like you did your homework and drove a bunch of cars before pulling the trigger. That’s the way to do it Enjoy!
Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,147 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by daylorb
Wow, interesting car, congrats and enjoy. Is it this one? If so, definitely should drive differently...

https://www.tuningblog.eu/en/categor...ertible-57179/
It's the same car but unfortunately stripped of the majority of the goodies. Looks like stock suspension and everything else other than stickers and rear diffuser.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:33 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Old 08-05-2019, 03:41 PM
GZ Boxster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I think you're correct

Originally Posted by garfunkle
It's the same car but unfortunately stripped of the majority of the goodies. Looks like stock suspension and everything else other than stickers and rear diffuser.
I spent about 10 minutes looking under the car this morning. The exhaust is a fab speed (987.2S?), not akropovik. Not sure if there's a tune, or intake work but this car sounds completely different than others we've driven. Its pretty sedate under 4000 rpm, then a big rush to 7k. I couldn't really see if there were suspension changes. Definitely no audio changes, stock Bose.

I'll do more looking over the next few days, I'm okay if its mostly a vinyl kit, we didn't buy the look only the drive. I appreciate your comments to help decode what I might really have. I'm fairly noob on Porsche.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:34 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by GZ Boxster
I spent about 10 minutes looking under the car this morning. The exhaust is a fab speed (987.2S?), not akropovik. Not sure if there's a tune, or intake work but this car sounds completely different than others we've driven. Its pretty sedate under 4000 rpm, then a big rush to 7k. I couldn't really see if there were suspension changes. Definitely no audio changes, stock Bose.

I'll do more looking over the next few days, I'm okay if its mostly a vinyl kit, we didn't buy the look only the drive. I appreciate your comments to help decode what I might really have. I'm fairly noob on Porsche.
None of that matters... What does matter is that this car spoke to you emotionally to let you know it was the right one

No 20K audio, 10K exhaust or 5K in suspension +++ but who cares. For street driving most lay people would still say your car is the most exciting car they've ever dreamed of being in. The stickers absolutely add to the emotional quota!

Quick Reply: New to me 2013 Ground Zero Boxster