Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster S to a GTS Conversion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 PM
paulgreeny83
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster S to a GTS Conversion Questions

Hi guys,

I have a 981 BS that requires some bumper repair, but decided instead to go for a used GTS front bumper instead. The one I've found has front parking senors (which my car does not) so will need to get them blanked by the body-shop. It comes with the front spoiler/valance intact, so i'll just need to purchase the left and right grilles. As I understand from a conversation with another forum member here, I can getaway without needing all other parts apart from the energy absorber to ensure the bumper doesn't sag (i'm also going to use the front mesh grilles as shown in the other thread link). I'm also looking to pickup a Cayman rear bumper as I much prefer the angular look of that verses the Boxster, and i'm going to add this GT4 valance, and GT4 side vents.

Questions for the experts:
  • Do the Boxster(s) daytime running lights need swapping to GTS ones or are they the same? I can't quite tell.
  • Are the connectors the same for the running lights and headlamp washers?
  • Is the Cayman bumper a direct swap to the Boxster or does it require work? Not sure if the Boxter raiseable wing would sit flush on the Cayman bumper?
  • Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Boxster S to a GTS Conversion Questions