Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Air Oil Separator Hose... any other replacements hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Spice
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Air Oil Separator Hose... any other replacements hoses?

Hi all!

First post here after using the site for a lot of research in the purchase of my 987

I took the engine cover off the other day 'just to have a look' and give it a bit of a clean, but inadvertently knocked one of the hoses that joins the Air Oil separator to the intake manifold inlet pipe... and cracked it. (FYI for anyone poking around the engine, these pipes become extremely brittle over time from the heat from the engine!).

I've heat shrink wrapped and taped it back together for now, and the car is running fine. Porsche have quoted £70 for a replacement hose (it replaces all the AOS hoses), which whilst not horrific seems a little much for about 8 inches of cheap plastic hose!

It looks like other manufacturers use various rubber hoses rather than the corrugated plastic one Porsche use. Does anyone have any experience of using a different hose to replace the standard one, or could give any pointers on another fix? I haven't measured the OD of the connectors, but if they match at both ends it seems this hose could easily be replaced with something more flexible, then jubilee clipped in at either end.

Many thanks!

Joe

Quick Reply: Cracked Air Oil Separator Hose... any other replacements hoses?