Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions from new member

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 10:30 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

If all you need is an aux input... there is another version. https://www.walmart.com/ip/iSimple-I...adios/24214174
Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM
TEF
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

After a day of rain, I drove my "new" boxster for the first time on empty secondary roads near my home. Now I know the other reason why I don't like semi-metallic pads, dust. Had I driven the car prior to my first posting, I would have answered my own question as to whether Porsche OE brake pads are metallic or ceramic. Oh well, at least I am starting out with new pads and rotors.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TEF
After a day of rain, I drove my "new" boxster for the first time on empty secondary roads near my home. Now I know the other reason why I don't like semi-metallic pads, dust. Had I driven the car prior to my first posting, I would have answered my own question as to whether Porsche OE brake pads are metallic or ceramic. Oh well, at least I am starting out with new pads and rotors.
They are a dusty pain in the butt... but the stopping... well, that works pretty good.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:25 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 633 Posts

Congrats--sounds like a great car. (But you need to post some photos.)

Homelink can be a frustrating and recurring issue. On my 2005 S, at two different homes, I had to program multiple times. At least once it worked for a few months, and then quit but worked after reprograming. And if your opener uses a rolling code, that can be more difficult.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:50 AM
TEF
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Herewith a photo of my 08 Boxster S taken after registering it in PA (it was purchased in Rochester NY). As a background, I always use this notary for my out-of-state vehicle purchases and, to say the least, he's a real car lover. Aside from his old-time filling station, he's a car collector. While completing the paperwork, he was reminded that he once drove a new Porsche back in 1957. It was a Speedster costing a whopping $2,600. Of course, he realizes what that Speedster would be worth today, but to put this in context, a new Chevy Bel Air V8 would have cost about the same in 1957. So a new Porsche was never cheap regardless of when it was purchased and back it the 50's it was viewed here in the US as one of those "little foreign cars". BTW, for those having no memories of the 1950's, "Ethyl" was the name given to higher octane gas.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 170 Posts

Nice pic. I really like this color. Reminds me of the Slate Grey Metallic from my 944. Looks just awesome on the 987 Boxster.

Happy 4th!

Quick Reply: Questions from new member