Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Verus Engineering Shop 987.2 Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey random question, I was looking at the aero package for the 987.2 and wondered how the air vented from the center radiator? The stock set up vents down out of 4 squares cut into the bodywork. How does that air escape with the front splitter undertray?

Also, is there a way to get more airflow to the engine from the flat bottom set up? My temps are higher than I would like.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Verus-Eric
Former Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gman3280
Hey random question, I was looking at the aero package for the 987.2 and wondered how the air vented from the center radiator? The stock set up vents down out of 4 squares cut into the bodywork. How does that air escape with the front splitter undertray?

Also, is there a way to get more airflow to the engine from the flat bottom set up? My temps are higher than I would like.
We currently are not venting the center radiator. We have not had any coolant issues to date; but we did have issues with the PDK temps. I am assuming airflow is finding its way out somewhere. Or that our pretty much stock drivetrain car did not need the additional cooling? Or the fact we are dramatically helping the PDK cool off takes a large burden off the cooling system? If we did see coolant issues, we were planning on doing the "smiley" gt3/gt4 vent modification as dumping airflow on the top of the car is better than underneath. We did not get to that point though, at least with 2019 testing.

If you would want to vent the radiator in the OE fashion, the Tegris panels can be cut without major effort. I would probably pop a few hole sawed holes in the same locations and call it good.

We did not set up the flat underbody panel for that, but adding scoops of some sort would definitely move airflow through the engine bay more readily. If worried about engine bay temp, I would recommend running the rear diffuser and leaving off the flat underbody panel. You will not see as large a reduction in drag but the rear diffuser will still increase downforce and aid in reducing drag as well.

I hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions!

Quick Reply: Verus Engineering Shop 987.2 Track Build