Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.2 Regular to PSE Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 10:07 AM
Nteminik
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i buy the sport exhaust and the console module is just plug n play or do i need any extra wiring or programming ?
Old 05-23-2024, 07:27 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Nteminik
If i buy the sport exhaust and the console module is just plug n play or do i need any extra wiring or programming ?
You do need to run two wires from the switch to the engine. Easy to do.
Old 05-24-2024, 02:37 AM
Nteminik
AutoX

Originally Posted by stjoh
You do need to run two wires from the switch to the engine. Easy to do.
Can you be more specific please ?
Is there any tutorial ?
Do i need to go at a mechanic or its an easy job to do by myself ?
Old 05-24-2024, 09:14 AM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Nteminik
Can you be more specific please ?
Is there any tutorial ?
Do i need to go at a mechanic or its an easy job to do by myself ?
I have not found a tutorial but here are my notes.

There is already a cable / connector on the top of the engine for the switchover valve. You do need to install that valve and run the vacuum lines though.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Static1117
2nd Gear

Just saw this as I just took possession of a 2011 987.2 Cayman. No PSE, debating on PSE install or going with another valved installation. @Charlie C Was it worth it?
Old 09-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Static1117
Just saw this as I just took possession of a 2011 987.2 Cayman. No PSE, debating on PSE install or going with another valved installation. @Charlie C Was it worth it?
For me, yes it was worth it. Being in CA, I didn’t want to take a chance the new exhaust wouldn’t pass emissions. Also, I figured since it was OEM designed, there would be little chance of it creating a drone type sound.

One thing, I wish it would stay on. As it is, I have to press the PSE button every time I start the car. You could save quite a bit of the installation cost by eliminating the switch (which requires running a wire from the exhaust, although maybe it is already there for all I know) and then it would be ALWAYS ON! I never drive with it off.

I’m sure others will chime in with other exhaust options too, so you’ll have many options. YouTube has many recordings of different exhausts on these cars.

Good luck with your new baby!
Old 09-03-2024, 12:14 PM
Static1117
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Charlie C
For me, yes it was worth it. Being in CA, I didn’t want to take a chance the new exhaust wouldn’t pass emissions. Also, I figured since it was OEM designed, there would be little chance of it creating a drone type sound.

One thing, I wish it would stay on. As it is, I have to press the PSE button every time I start the car. You could save quite a bit of the installation cost by eliminating the switch (which requires running a wire from the exhaust, although maybe it is already there for all I know) and then it would be ALWAYS ON! I never drive with it off.

I’m sure others will chime in with other exhaust options too, so you’ll have many options. YouTube has many recordings of different exhausts on these cars.

Good luck with your new baby!

So far its been a blast! I too live in CA. Trying to find a more aggressive exhaust note without having to worry about stupid laws. I really like the Fabspeed and Soul sounds, but havent determined if they are CA legal.

The following users liked this post:
Charlie C (09-03-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 10:25 AM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

i went from pse to fabspeed headers, hiflow cat and supercup exhaust on my '12 S. i would not suggest this setup for anything other than track. it is ungodly louder compared to pse and gets the typical drone in lower rpms.

Quick Reply: 987.2 Regular to PSE Exhaust?