Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORSCHE BOXSTER S 987 COMPLETE SHUT DOWN OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 06:02 AM
leonardo72
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PORSCHE BOXSTER S 987 COMPLETE SHUT DOWN OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Hi Guys,
I've got a Boxster 987 from 2005. After a malfunction of rear lights and roof due to water entry on the left side, I decided to replace a wet rear end control module. Everything worked fine after that for about an hour. Suddenly, while the engine was idling, the air condition panel went dark, followed by the radio and last, the instrument cluster (the engine was still idling). I've switched off the engine and wasn't able to start anymore. In fact, no reaction at all anymore, the car was dead (Battery is new). So I towed it back and started looking for the main fuses in the left foot well. Power is flowing perfectly into the power distributor and is distributed from there to all systems. As I have access to a PIWIS tester, I tried to connect that, but no system can be found. I now started with the replacement of the gateway CU in order to access at least the systems. Now I'm able to find the Gateway, but all other units are still invisible to the tester. A good friend who drives the same model was kind enough to let me swap some parts for testing purposes. I've swapped the electronic ignition lock as I assumed the permission for ignition gotta come from there.That however did not lead to success either. In the meantime I have ordered and replaced a brand new Board CU with no reaction of the car either.

I'm pretty sure, as the car ran well for an hour after replacing the rear end CU, that the rear end is not the cause of such bizarre behavior.
Does any of you experience such a weird break down, where one system after another shuts down and refuses to start back up? I'm pretty much hitting a wall here.

All thoughts appreciated...

Quick Reply: PORSCHE BOXSTER S 987 COMPLETE SHUT DOWN OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEM