Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updating 987.2 Boxster S Front Air Intakes to Spyder style

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 10:19 PM
plazmaburn
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWay, that came out great! Do you happen to have the part numbers for those "S" strakes?
Old 05-12-2022, 11:28 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks! I don't recall the actual part numbers but I'm sure combing through any online dealers part listings they could be found. Here they are from Suncoast though: Replacement Bumper Grilles : Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories (suncoastparts.com)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:32 AM
plazmaburn
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AWay
Thanks! I don't recall the actual part numbers but I'm sure combing through any online dealers part listings they could be found. Here they are from Suncoast though: Replacement Bumper Grilles : Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories (suncoastparts.com)
Thats exactly what I found too; thanks for confirming! Can you elaborate on how you popped them out?
Old 05-12-2022, 11:36 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Super simple and self explanatory when you're actually working with them, don't sweat it. I had no prior knowledge of how to remove, just started prying around with my hands and it became obvious. They effectively just clip on the plastic spars that bisect the radiator inlets. No special tools or tricks needed, just popping the old ones off with your hands (they install from the top side) and popping the new ones on.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:37 AM
plazmaburn
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AWay
Super simple and self explanatory when you're actually working with them, don't sweat it. I had no prior knowledge of how to remove, just started prying around with my hands and it became obvious. They effectively just clip on the plastic spars that bisect the radiator inlets. No special tools or tricks needed, just popping the old ones off with your hands (they install from the top side) and popping the new ones on.
Perfect, thanks AWay!
Old 05-12-2022, 11:42 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Yes sir, have fun! Super simple but makes a big difference visually I thought. You'll love it.

Seeing this old post actually made me nostalgic for that car! Should have never sold it, was all the pared down basics you need in the best generation of open top Boxsters. Sigh...
Old 04-23-2024, 09:15 AM
bertsboat
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Thanks but there’s a TYPO

It’s 987-505-311-XX not 805 for those looking for 987.2 Boxster Spyder front bumper cover.

Originally Posted by Joe Henley
Ugh, talk about having too much time on your hands.... Attached is an analysis I did of the part descriptions on the site you mentioned. Looks like Porsche has a different front bumper cover for every option combination. That says to me that they are not the same. I'd want some test fit proof before I bought one.
Joe Henley
PS: Be sure to check my assumptions; I may be making some wrong ones.

Quick Reply: Updating 987.2 Boxster S Front Air Intakes to Spyder style