Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 04:43 PM
storii
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
if I was gonna drop over $3-4K on mods, suspension and exhaust would be top of the list.....but if the OP wants a leather dash that is his prerogative
what ever makes YOU happy is the key
My car already had PASM and PSE before I started considering the leather dash. I have no needs to further improve these areas. Thank you.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM
storii
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tidybuoy
Do you ever shop eBay?
No, it hasn't crossed my mind. Perhaps I should but I'm too lazy.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:39 AM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by storii
No, it hasn't crossed my mind. Perhaps I should but I'm too lazy.
If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for labor to remove and reinstall the dash?

my leather dash has shrank, is starting to bubble up and I’m looking to remove it and get it reupholstered.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:23 PM
storii
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brandobot
If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for labor to remove and reinstall the dash?
my leather dash has shrank, is starting to bubble up and I’m looking to remove it and get it reupholstered.
It wasn't cheap but note that I used a dealer since my car is still under warranty. It was $159.88/hr x 7.3 hrs = $1,167.12 - 10% PCA discount + tax. My trusted source (an active Porsche tech who was answering questions online) told me that Porsche listed 7.3 hrs of labor time for the job on the book and that the job was quite involving. I went to a dealer with the lowest labor rate in my area but had to drive 50 miles each way.

Sorry to hear about the condition of your leather dash. What is the year of your car and what do you think caused the condition? Parked the car outside in the direct sun light/excessive heat for a long time?
Old 09-01-2019, 05:01 PM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by storii
It wasn't cheap but note that I used a dealer since my car is still under warranty. It was $159.88/hr x 7.3 hrs = $1,167.12 - 10% PCA discount + tax. My trusted source (an active Porsche tech who was answering questions online) told me that Porsche listed 7.3 hrs of labor time for the job on the book and that the job was quite involving. I went to a dealer with the lowest labor rate in my area but had to drive 50 miles each way.

Sorry to hear about the condition of your leather dash. What is the year of your car and what do you think caused the condition? Parked the car outside in the direct sun light/excessive heat for a long time?
2013, 25,000 miles.
i bought it pre-owned, so i can’t tell you how it was the maintained. The exterior is in excellent condition as well as the interior (minus the dash).

Quick Reply: Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?