Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Accidentally Cleared Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:03 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Dealer Accidentally Cleared Options

The previous owner of my car had the DRLs disabled at the dealer. Immediately afterward, TPS was no longer a selectable option and the car failed to detect its own wheels. It also disabled the chrono option, so I cannot activate the stopwatch.
Actually, the only menu options I have on my car are now "Limit, Oil, Settings."

Unfortunately, the owner didn't realize this until he got home.

I have the receipt showing when he had the DRLs disabled.
I assume the VIN records should show that this car came equipped with TPS and Sport Chrono, plus whatever other options I might not even know about. So hopefully it'll be a hassle free visit to get them to reprogram these features, since they were the ones who cleared it before.

I don't care about the stop watch... I'll probably replace it with another gauge at some point anyway. But the TPS is something I would like to have. Is there something I have overlooked or anyway to restore it without a trip to the dealer?
Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

If I remember correctly, many of these features can be reset using a Durametric. If the dealer doesn’t cooperate it might be worth the purchase.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
If I remember correctly, many of these features can be reset using a Durametric. If the dealer doesn’t cooperate it might be worth the purchase.
This is interesting, i have a scanner tool Maxme that has Porsche support but i notice this tool you mentioned, is it something recommended to have ( if its in your comfort of buying ) whats the benefits
Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine at a dealer not too long ago out of warranty and they applied the latest updates free. I would think you could get them to put back the options.

Quick Reply: Dealer Accidentally Cleared Options