Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Buyer Help - Carson City Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 04:32 PM
parroteyes
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Buyer Help - Carson City Nevada

Hi, I am looking to purchase my first Porsche in the near future. I am looking at a 2006 Cayman S in Carson City Nevada. If any forum members are nearby who could look the car over, it would be greatly appreciated and I will reimburse you for your time. Please let me know!

Also any suggestions for a solid PPI in Carson City are welcome. I see some good shops in Reno, but want to find something in Carson City if possible as the sellers time is limited.

Thanks! Hope to join the Porsche family soon.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Boxsterman
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There isn’t a good shop to do a ppi in Carson city. Reno rennsport would be a good place to go for a ppi.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:52 AM
parroteyes
6th Gear

Thanks for the suggestion, I have scheduled a PPI at Reno Rennsport for Friday morning. Hopefully goes well!
Old 07-24-2018, 12:30 PM
RadRacer
AutoX

Hi there. If buying a car from afar, make sure you do all the due diligence. I am in South Florida, and my car is from Arizona. Pay for the carfax, inpections (like you just did), ask for photos of the undercarriage. Specifically the bottoms of the bumper covers and rockers. Get maintenance records. You want to cover all the bases. Especially if you are having it shipped. Wow did I learn about that! It's the worst but I got a great company that helped me get it here and it was a smooth process. Let me know if you want the link (have it booked-marked somewhere) . Good luck!
Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM
parroteyes
6th Gear

RadRacer, appreciate the offer but we plan to make a road trip out of it! Agreed on all of your points, we are doing all the required due diligence. I'm actually helping my girl with the search as it will be her car, much easier to not get emotionally attached when I'll mostly be relegated to the passenger seat! This is actually the second car we have been quite serious about, the first had too many stories.

If the car works out we plan to take 4 days or so and visit some sights on the way back to Dallas from Nevada. Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand Canyon etc. I will make another post to get some suggestions for must see spots and driving roads if the car works out.

I'm a corvette guy myself (C6 Z06) but have been loving this forum so far. Might have to look into a P-car for the next toy...

Cheers

Quick Reply: New Buyer Help - Carson City Nevada