Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Cayman R struts & springs on Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Tidybuoy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just installed Cayman R struts & springs on Cayman S

The jury is still out as I have only driven about 35 miles since my install.

I purchased new Struts and Springs from Suncoast Porsche and had them installed yesterday, aligned this morning. The car is a 2006 Cayman S with 25,000 miles which I have only had for one month. My primary reason for doing this swap was to lower the car a tad (20mm) as well as improve handling. Of course, being impatient, I ordered the springs before I had even picked up the car and I was very impressed with the stock Cayman S handling. I did think that the car would look better if it was a little lower and I was happy to find a factory setup as I didn't want the car to look too aftermarket (just my personal preference). The car came with 19" Carrera Classic wheels which I intend to replace with Cayman R/Boxster Spider 19" wheels (when I can afford it).

The car definately rides firmer but on the freeway in the city, I can barely tell the difference. On my favorite off ramp (huge right hand circle) the car can take the turn with a definate improvement and I can't wait to try that a few more times. I don't have any before/after photos yet but it looks to me like the new springs added a tiny bit of stance to the car, which I like.

Quick Reply: Just installed Cayman R struts & springs on Cayman S