Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

982/718 Spyder short video on Ring testing during Industry Pool

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,347 Likes on 808 Posts

Sing turbo sing! I can hear it from here.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,891 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Sing turbo sing! I can hear it from here.
lol tinnitus much?
Old 10-07-2018, 05:17 PM
topwater
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JAhmmed, you got the wife a Trackhawk to go with your 2 cars? Genius stroke! Talk about win-win.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:06 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,891 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by topwater
JAhmmed, you got the wife a Trackhawk to go with your 2 cars? Genius stroke! Talk about win-win.
Hahaha...I wish! No no...its a TRAILhawk, the model immediately below the Summit GC. More geared toward off road, although it has plenty of power with the 5.7 Hemi. To be fair though...I am thinking of a Trackhawk to replace it once the lease is up
Old 06-18-2019, 06:13 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 901 Likes on 402 Posts

I don't think Porsche did the Boxter any favors in its perception by using a woman in the ad for the Spyder and a man in the GT4 ad.....

https://newstv.porsche.com/en/?fbcli...DBrPzdhNFE1bHQ
Old 06-19-2019, 05:15 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
I don't think Porsche did the Boxter any favors in its perception by using a woman in the ad for the Spyder and a man in the GT4 ad.....
Most who see these cars in an ad won't realize there's no PDK, and in America would probably assume both are automatics. Manual gearboxed popularity is working toward extinction for several reasons in America, most of all because most young people don't want to be bothered nor see the benefit of changing your own gears. Within the segment who do want to change gears, most would be men although that ratio would vary across the globe. The Boxster has always been more desirable by women versus the Cayman, which isn't that popular to begin with. So if you're going to represent each gender in an ad, you may as well place a woman in the Spyder. At least you're saying she can drive either but perhaps likes the styling and convertible aspect of one over the other. I still owned my 981 Spyder when I started dating my wife, and she loved it, but couldn't drive it because it's manual and had no interest to learn. Her 2 daughters have no interest to drive a manual car either, and all 3 of these ladies prefer Boxsters to Caymans (I replaced my Spyder with a Targa and GT4). They consider the GT4 masculine and the Boxster/Spyder as being more feminine or at least more to their liking, but think the Targa is the best Porsche on offer since it is both a coupe and convertible and like the extra space. The fact that the Boxster and Cayman have so little interior space they become problematic if either occupant or both like to carry big bags, etc. Most 2-seaters present similar issues, which is why I think my ladies at home find the Targa more user friendly. When I owned my Spyder, the best time I spent in it was driving alone. Same for the GT4. These are toys.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:14 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 72 Posts

what they should've done is have a man and a woman taking turns driving the twisties in both cars...
Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 PM
jcorderojr
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Keeping my 981 GT4 and 981 Spyder

So I have a 981 GT4 and a 981 Spyder
The Spyder is my garage queen. Only driven on sunny days. It has 4K miles.
The GT4 is driven daily while the weather is good. Took it to Maryhill Loop Road recently and planing some educational track days ahead.
Initially when I heard about the 718 versions I thought I might upgrade.
Now I don’t think I will upgrade either one.
First of all I think both 981 versions look much better then tne new ones. The rear diffuser and the fat front lip on tne GT4 are turn-offs for me.
The Spyder appears to actually be a significant improvement over the 981 but again the asthetics and sound will keep me with my 981

Quick Reply: 982/718 Spyder short video on Ring testing during Industry Pool