Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Database

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 02:28 PM
911x5
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out yesterday from my SA my Spyder is on the Queen Ace heading to San Diego docks 4/4. Funny my car still shows N/A on the dealer Admin build sheet site. WP0CC2A83GS152714
Old 03-05-2016, 05:24 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by 911x5
Just found out yesterday from my SA my Spyder is on the Queen Ace heading to San Diego docks 4/4. Funny my car still shows N/A on the dealer Admin build sheet site. WP0CC2A83GS152714
Nice... My Spyder is on the Queen Ace as well. That's odd about your VIN not showing up on the dealer build sheet site.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by navanoD
Nice... My Spyder is on the Queen Ace as well. That's odd about your VIN not showing up on the dealer build sheet site.
I've found a few reasons why they don't show:
1) factory demo car
2) 918 allocation (may not even need to be an actual 918 owner order)
3) delayed entry into their build database because of PTS or other production (eventually, it should make it in but I've seen a number missed)
Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I just bought this car: WP0CC2A80GS152461

It's a VIP car (extra allocation) so needs to remain at the dealer until July 9th; I'll be collecting it that morning.

GT Silver, LWBS, platinum wheels, tinted lamps, silver stitching throughout.
Attached Images   
Old 03-05-2016, 09:16 PM
JBoxsterK
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Same colour as this 993 I saw this AM at a local C&C in Scottsdale- Mexico blue

(taken in VERY early sunlight...)
Great color
Old 03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
JBoxsterK
Instructor

Hi s2ktaxi,

only two new ones today...:
Old 03-06-2016, 12:07 AM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK
Hi s2ktaxi,

only two new ones today...:
Thanks - they should have just waited till Monday
Old 03-06-2016, 03:18 PM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Hello Everyone,
Picked mine up about a month ago.
Vin: ending in 152116
Rhodium Silver and only options are: leather interior, black with deviated silver stitching, bluetooth, and bose infotainment and speaker system.
Added since 3-1-16:
Clear bra, tinted windows, porsche stripe decals, rear wing and 3rd brake bar wrapped satin black, GT3/GT4 front spoiler trim and front wheel trim, gt4 air scoops, ipd plenum and throttle body, fabspeed sport catted header system, bmg filters, and cobb tuned.
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2016, 03:35 PM
JBoxsterK
Instructor

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
Thanks - they should have just waited till Monday
Hi,
then the today added PTS Spyder (...853) needs to wait until tomorrow too...
Old 03-06-2016, 04:47 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by RCMA991
Hello Everyone,
Picked mine up about a month ago.
Vin: ending in 152116
Rhodium Silver and only options are: leather interior, black with deviated silver stitching, bluetooth, and bose infotainment and speaker system.
Added since 3-1-16:
Clear bra, tinted windows, porsche stripe decals, rear wing and 3rd brake bar wrapped satin black, GT3/GT4 front spoiler trim and front wheel trim, gt4 air scoops, ipd plenum and throttle body, fabspeed sport catted header system, bmg filters, and cobb tuned.
Can you post more pics and impression of engine mods? You have same apyder as mine, color and I have some of the mods.. Would like to get more in depth thoughts on all of your mods if you care to share. I have the fabspeed headers and am hesitating on pulling the trigger on the plenum/tb/cobb because of warranty fears... what have you found out on your end with this stuff?

Special congrats on the scoops. Look fantastic.. Mine are getting painted as we speak... I'm having the little "GT4" script on the scoops filled in. I also had light bar and spoiler wrap in mind, looking forward to seeing what they look like.

but can't figure out what you mean by gt3/gt4 front spoiler trim and front wheel trim? Because if you were able to figure out how to add the gt4 splitter , I'm going to poke a screwdriver in my own eye in frustration... I bought a splitter and then couldn't get the hardware to attach it. Very curious.

Last edited by CAlexio; 03-06-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Hi Alessandro,
I waited while they installed the gt4 front splitter and fender trim. I didn't watch but it was quick. No drilling; flush and exact fitment. Took 15 minutes.
I started with fabspeed headers. The headers I found to offer most bang for the buck; followed by plenum and throttle body. Seems like the car wants more air at 6-6500rpm- slight stumble. The plenum and throttle body helped and I do have the Cobb AP but not installed yet. I want to drive it before the tune is loaded.
Warranty: This depends on who suffers from PMS at your local dealer. My dealer installed these exact options on my 981s and 987.2R I have. Never an issue and my dealer does quite a few in town. Yes warranty is technically affected only if the core parts installed affected any potential damage.
Wait on the tune if you are worried. Porsche can see a loaded and erased map if they pull the ECU out.
Personally, I see this as such a minor mod as I've had flashed tunes on all my cars over the years. Bigger turbos, fueling, built transmissions? No way.
I've attached a dyno from my results. I'm in CO at 7600ft ASL- Still impressive!
Sorry if i posted in the wrong area.
P.S.- one thing to be aware of. The side scoops suck in air but they also suck in small pebbles from sand on the roads. Some black felt tape in the crevice solves it.
Attached Images    
Old 03-06-2016, 08:21 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

thank you for your post... i will proceed with stabbing myself in the eye as promised.

I purchased the gt4 splitter as part of the group buy everyone participated in with the gt4 forum, went to the dealer and was told it was IMPOSSIBLE to mount it, that the part numbers were different, and that i would require a new $7-8000 bumper with all associated parts to put that splitter on. I therefore sold my in-the-box splitter to another forum member at a minor loss.

Are you saying that outside of the splitter, you didn't have to add an additional part to the spyder bumper to make it fit?... it's funny/sad that the dealer swore up and down that the spyder bumper was missing an entire section and that this was an almost impossible modification to make. I should have followed my better instincts and just taken the screw driver from their hand while car was on the lift and just started uncrewing the standard splitter myself.

Would you mind sharing the dealer who installed yours?.. I'll call their parts/service dept, get the parts/procedure and then very kindly bring this information to my dealer's service dept so that we can start the whole process again.

thank you for you sharing all your info.. I hope you don't mind that our cars will be essentially identical.. except mine has the pepita inserts and yours has tint which mine doesn't.

Looking forward to your feedback once you install the cobb... my last question: if you have the TB and plenum installed, what did you have to get adjusted in order to put those in? and you're not getting cels without the cobb? can you tell the difference at the higher range even without adjustments to ecu etc?... the whole forum would love this information. thank you for leading the way.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RCMA991
Very tasteful visual updates. any pictures of the rear with the black CHiMSL bar and black rear spoiler?

How did you attach the side scoop? just attaching to the stock intake trim or did you use the additional mounting points as well?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:47 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Very tasteful visual updates. any pictures of the rear with the black CHiMSL bar and black rear spoiler?

How did you attach the side scoop? just attaching to the stock intake trim or did you use the additional mounting points as well?

Thanks.
if it helps.. i spent some time with the body shop looking at this and the plastic intake trim is quite flimsy and flexy... not using the screws in the body panel only leaves a 2D (flat) attachment surface on an already relatively flexible piece.. too much air resistance. We decided on the full attachment + adhesive as prescribed by Porsche in it's kit... this gives a more 3D (multi-faceted) attachment, not to mention it additionally bonds to the more fixed external body panel.

I became comfortable with this when i realized that the scoop looked fantastic, and in my mind it should have been included from the factory on the Spyder anyway.. i don't see ever wanting to remove it, and if I had to, it would just mean repainting those rockers.. but again.. no reason to ever remove these that i can see.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:55 AM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Thanks.
Air scoops; Adhesive by Porsche and 2 screws I believe but I'll verify if anyone needs my installer's contact info. No way they are ever coming off; looks factory and should have come this way.
The rear wing and brake bar need to be re-done so I'll send pics tomorrow or Wednesday upon completion

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Database