Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!

Here is our first video of Barbara Boeckenhoff, Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' - Personal Design at PCNA. She is the replacement for Sascha Glaeser and she is based at PCNA Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. She will be assisted in the task by veteran Melissa Witek in Atlanta and newcomer Matthew Henry in Los Angeles. In this video, Barbara is seen with PCA's Executive Director Vu Nguyen talking about the West Coast's 'Porsche Exclusive' showcar - the 'Viper Green' 2014 911 Turbo S that debuted at the Porsche Parade at Monterey last June. Barbara just joined PCNA, coming from Porsche AG in Zuffenhausen where she worked in the 'Porsche Classic' department. Her first official event in the US was at the Los Angeles Auto Show this past November. Barbara can be contacted at:
<customerconsultations@porsche.us>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1wneJBoac#t=10

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Eduardo:

Nice video but perhaps the timing is a little off since Porsche has suspended paint to sample on all models or so I have been told by my dealer. And there are some other "custom" options not available.

Two specific examples. One, I wanted a lighter blue on our upcoming Cayenne and I wanted alcantera inserts in the Adaptive sport seats. I was told that there is no paint to sample and that the inserts are only available on the Cayenne GTS ... so much for "We will build it special for you"

Jack
Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Eduardo:

Nice video but perhaps the timing is a little off since Porsche has suspended paint to sample on all models or so I have been told by my dealer. And there are some other "custom" options not available.

Two specific examples. One, I wanted a lighter blue on our upcoming Cayenne and I wanted alcantera inserts in the Adaptive sport seats. I was told that there is no paint to sample and that the inserts are only available on the Cayenne GTS ... so much for "We will build it special for you"

Jack
Jack: I know the frustration. And we are all hoping that 'Porsche Exclusive' will get the 'Paint-to-Sample' program back to normal by June of 2015.

For your info, hopefully to make you feel a bit better perhaps, Porsche has never allowed much 'customizing' on the Cayenne model. Paint-to-Sample (PTS) has been available on the 911, Boxster, Cayman* and Panamera for a long time...but never on the Cayenne! And it's presently not offered on the Macan either. Don't know if it's because the VW Bratislava facility where the Cayennes are welded & painted (final assembly was at Leipzig) doesn't offer that possibility. Or simply because Porsche didn't want to bother with the many hassles of PTS. Obviously the new Leipzig paint facilities (attached photo), which are state-of-the-art & are currently being utilized to paint the Macan (and will soon also paint the Panameras - the latter is currently welded/painted at a VW plant in Hanover) is fully capable of PTS. But it's simply not being utilized that way at present, since demand for the Macan exceed production at the moment and there is no need to complicate matters with PTS.

Re: Alcantara seat inlays, door panels & steering wheels. In general Porsche has reserved those Alcantara pieces almost exclusively for gt3/gt2, gts and low volume models like the Boxster Spyder & Cayman R. So in the case of the Cayennes, the one that gets the Alcantara treatment is the gts model. So this is less the fault of 'Porsche Exclusive' and more of the 'marketing gurus' at most automobile manufacturers that associate Alcantara with only the sportier versions of a car maker's models!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Cayman have had limited availability as PTS in its short history. And it was not possible to do PTS on the 981 Cayman at all from its late introduction -production started spring of 2013 as a MY2014 - until this summer (at the start of MY2015), when finally the VW-owned Karmann facility in Osnabrück was able to do PTS on the Porsche models it produces!

Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Eduardo:

I knew the answer it is just frustrating to hear them preach one thing and practice another. Remember the hassle JFS 101 had when he was working to get his Spyder painted Speed Yellow which was a standard color just not offered on the Spyder.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Don't get me started on PTS, it is the only frustrating part of my buying experience and to this day it still bothers me how it was handled by Porsche.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

I'll take a wild guess & say SUV PTS is caput due to demand of the units as-is. Why slow down production when they can already sell as many as they can make? (in the near future)
Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

eduardo, is there someone or somewhere we can sent 1000's of RL letter to have them hire you to be porsche exclusive ambassador/manager....

u actually convinced cheapskate me to do PTS. now i just need to convince PCNA/PAG to slot me in for PTS
Old 01-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Ambassador Eduardo...

Originally Posted by mooty
eduardo, is there someone or somewhere we can sent 1000's of RL letter to have them hire you to be porsche exclusive ambassador/manager....u actually convinced cheapskate me to do PTS. now i just need to convince PCNA/PAG to slot me in for PTS
Thanks John. Yes, send those letters to the guy with the 'light blue' pants in the last photo below. Tell him I knew his dad, his mom and former CEO & Sales Director very well and hung out with all of them quite often in Stuttgart in years past! That should do the trick. Ambassador Eduardo...in like Flynn!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

are we sure Eduardo isn't on the payroll already?

if not, I agree he should be! they would be wise to roll out his recommendations and get the Exclusive program on an even keel
think of all the extra money they would make

here's to Eduardo becoming the "Official PCNA Exclusive Ambassador"

a 10% cut on all PTS and exclusive orders!!

Originally Posted by mooty
to have them hire you to be porsche exclusive ambassador/manager....

Quick Reply: Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!