Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 BOXSTER GTS AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
The sad truth is that the folks buying the cars new are no longer in the demographic who likes driving manuals. We, and I said we, are largely older guys with larger disposable incomes, who for one reason or another......health or hassle or not a true enthusiast.......have decided that AT is the way to go. The motorsport enthusiast who will be buying the cars years down the road, IMO, are still likely to prefer MTs. This is going to make them more unique, keep the resale on the MTs high, and probably keep them more collectible down the road. IMO.
Very true....

End of year super special on this car if anyone is interested please email me directly.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Please email me for super slutty hook up please.....
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Please email me for super slutty hook up please.....
Still applies....
Old 01-17-2015, 10:38 PM
wbgordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test drive one two weeks ago. Very nice car, very tight in the handling, but not quite the acceleration I had expected. Maybe I was expecting too much. Porsche put a lot into the cosmetics of this car. The GT4 is probably the one to look at for material driving changes.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:10 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 926 Likes on 431 Posts

The two GTS Boxsters I looked at last October are still for sale at the dealerships. Thought they would be a little hotter than that.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:27 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
The sad truth is that the folks buying the cars new are no longer in the demographic who likes driving manuals. We, and I said we, are largely older guys with larger disposable incomes, who for one reason or another......health or hassle or not a true enthusiast.......have decided that AT is the way to go. The motorsport enthusiast who will be buying the cars years down the road, IMO, are still likely to prefer MTs. This is going to make them more unique, keep the resale on the MTs high, and probably keep them more collectible down the road. IMO.
Or perhaps we're in the demographic who are now wise enough and can separate the nostalgia and "enthusiast" and "purist" from true function, to opt for the more functional system. By all accounts, the PDK is a far, far better transmission than... well, anything else out there. That's why I'm ordering one in mine. And I enjoy rowing through the gears, too.

Quick Reply: 2015 BOXSTER GTS AVAILABLE