Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Red alcantara seat inserts are IN: My spyder is complete

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
I requested the same alcantara insert as you (different color) and I asked that they also do a diamond stitch. Didn't come out that great. Size is off. Might have been a better idea just to do a flat surface. And my foam didn't fill the inserts as well as yours did. Might have to add a little to fill the slack. Should be OK once I adjust.
I see the problem. Yeah, those covers just don't fit well. The rear cushions were made by heritage on mine, but Tony sourced the bottom cushion directly from Porsche. I'd send it back to Tony and let them know what you're not happy with. He's pretty good about making sure that you're happy.

Originally Posted by khooni
well, spill it and tell us all about the drive........

dealer has an unloaded FRS that has us thinking in my U.S family...
I would if I could. I don't have the car yet. Hopefully before the end of the year. I'll let you guys know what I think and post pics when the car comes in.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
NYC_Z06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orthojoe - I re-used the foam from my leather inserts. I thought Tony was going to supply but they weren't shipped w/the covers. I'll follow up w/him. Thanks for your feedback. Your Spyder looks great, btw.

[QUOTE=orthojoe;10089522]I see the problem. Yeah, those covers just don't fit well. The rear cushions were made by heritage on mine, but Tony sourced the bottom cushion directly from Porsche. I'd send it back to Tony and let them know what you're not happy with. He's pretty good about making sure that you're happy.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I would if I could. I don't have the car yet. Hopefully before the end of the year. I'll let you guys know what I think and post pics when the car comes in.
Does that mean that you ARE getting a Toyobaru? Your last post has me ..

Speaking of Japanese cars in the UK, it was announced today that they will no longer sell WRX or STi in the UK.... They'll sell the current stock, then that's it. Maybe khooni should buy one..?
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 AM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

the STi in the UK.. cost the same as a BRZ.....

go figure. I prefer the FRS anyway. easier to transition to oversteer.

they have an upgrade to 340HP for GBP 2k

anyway..... subarus have poor, lifeless, over light steering and the quick rack only comes with a spec C (which masks some of the problems).... I dun care for them... that's why the sti/wrx is dead. they can't compete with renault RS models. Neither can mitsu evos for that matter.

i love the 2002 wrx.. my first car as a student..... all season tires and an inane ability to be put into a drift.. too bad i had to sell it when i moved to the UK. they dun make them like that anymore...... maybe i am just looking at this through rose tinted glasses.

subaru needs to bring cars back like the old times

Quick Reply: Red alcantara seat inserts are IN: My spyder is complete