Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Cayman R Modifications???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:07 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean 911
Resurrecting an old thread. I just bought a Cayman R, 5000 miles, one owner, manual, buckets, PSE, Nav, Bose, Xenons, Spot Chrono, and white with black interior. I want to use it for 6-10 track days a year. I used to drive on the track regularly in the 2000s, but not so much since 2009. I am an intermediate driver and want to make a few mods to get it track ready. I'd very much like to here from others with a Cayman R or an S who drive their car on the track. I have the following list so far.

1) RSS Control Arms to allow for more negative camber.
2) 18 Inch wheels.
3) Better tires (but not R Compounds).
4) SRF brake fluid.
5) Numeric Shifter Cables.

Any other mods that I should consider for the first year or two? What are folks using for brake pads? What about the third radiator for extra cooling?

I really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
Agree with LCAs in front, I went with GT3 parts. Also Tarret toe arms in rear. Bridgestone RE71r are a good tire choice. I've used the Pagid Yellow/black combo and currently PFC11. GT3 brake ducts are a easy and cheap mod. In Texas in the summer I needed the center rad. I got a Hergesheimer roll bar, Cantrell sub bar and Schroth GT3 6 pt harness (HANS of course also.) Lastly don't forget the nut behind the steering wheel- consider instruction/coaching as a priority also. Best of luck

Quick Reply: Cayman R Modifications???