Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:51 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Mine says agreed value $99,000. I can call Bloomington and they will get back to you.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 AM
Cane94
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if the value next year, tomorrow etc after a total loss is found to be 150k based upon market factors then that is the settlement. Your interpreting my comments as “negative” and in reality we both want the same thing..proper valuation. My 964 at time of issuance was 25k, but market factors dictate today if there was a loss the value would be more like 40k. So I’m a little taken back by your approach as a moderator on this site. If someone has practical claims experience with the subject then info should be accurate. Your loss settlement provision is the key to this whole discussion and that is the point I’m making.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

No I am not interpreting your comments as negative, they are not true. Your saying State Farm does not offer Agreed Value, when in fact they do. You may not offer it in your office or your state, but State Farm does offer it it many other places.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:26 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Good information, but for the OP's sake, do remember that we're talking about insuring a 981... They won't be appreciating within the time frame before one should be shopping for revised insurance policies.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Cane94
There is a insuring agreement in every policy and loss settlement provision. There is no agreed value provision. Policies have state specific requirements per state statute. I would suggest reviewing the insuring agreement of the policy in relation to your specific state and you will find the example provided is a rendition as to how the valuation of a vehicle is determined. All accurate information.
A search under "agreed value" and "State Farm" shows that there are myriad threads where people here have, indeed, obtained agreed value insurance through State Farm. This is very common knowledge.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:20 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

I have Leland-West which is advertised in Panorama. WONDERFUL rates, horrid customer service. At the end of the day I just try not to speak with them and remember what I’m paying Lol.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:05 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 560 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereT
Good information, but for the OP's sake, do remember that we're talking about insuring a 981... They won't be appreciating within the time frame before one should be shopping for revised insurance policies.
True fact...
Old 04-29-2022, 06:26 AM
Octavia Hayward
2nd Gear

If you're looking for cheap insurance, easy life insurance is the best option. It's the most affordable and provides the coverage you need. Best of all, it's easy to get a quote and apply for coverage. Loan mortgage help is also available to make sure you get the best loan possible. Don't wait to get started today! Our team of experts is here to answer any questions you have about getting car insurance, or purchasing a new house. Don't let your dream home or family pass you by. Get in touch with us now for the best deals on insurance and mortgage loans around!( https://manchestermortgages.co.uk/)
Old 04-29-2022, 06:27 AM
Octavia Hayward
2nd Gear

If you're looking for cheap insurance, easy life insurance is the best option.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:03 AM
RennHarry
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 144 Posts

I'm not advocating overpaying for insurance, but I feel like I need to chime in here. I would strongly urge the OP and others who may own a home, have investments, etc. to consider not just what the "cheapest" insurance is, but the "best".
Saving $1K per year insuring your weekend toy will seem like peanuts if you are involved in a terrible accident and are on the losing end of a monetary settlement.
We own several rental properties, have teen and young adult drivers, and a considerable net worth. I have all cars, properties, and our $5MM umbrella policy with the same insurer. I am probably overpaying, but the last thing I want is bickering between my umbrella provider and my P-car cheap insurer about who is responsible.
I think if you have reasonably high limits on your "cheap" policy, and not a lot of investments or property, you are safer rolling the dice. I would just caution the OP and others to stop and consider the value of "more" insurance... whatever that means to the individual.
Cheers

Quick Reply: Insurance Recommendations