Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Sport 4s

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 02:48 AM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

I put Michelin Pilot 4S on the 981 spyder and seems to be a big imrpovement over the OEM Pirellis.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Hoss33
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts

From an auto x a week or so ago. I have roughly 10,000 miles on them now and am very happy. Fills out the rim a bIt more and wheel gap on a PASM equipped car. Tread wear has been really good and have easily 50% left up from and 30% ish left in the rear.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:22 AM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts

2015 BGTS that came with Goodyear Eagle as OEM. They were pretty good overall. I've had Pirellis on other vehicles and have been unimpressed. Managed to get 21K miles on the Eagles but noticed serious slippage when accelerating on a turn from a dead stop and the rear wanting to swing out over the last 3-4K miles. Not too surprising with the rears just about down to the wear indicators.

Had PS4's put on last week and have put about 100 miles on them just driving around town. Plan on taking it out on the twisties near me this weekend and seeing how it goes.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:28 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 168 Posts

Finally had the Michelin PS4 installed. Very satisfied with the change from the P-zeros. 1st observations after about 300 miles: much quieter on all road surfaces so far. Ride is smoother and absorbs the road perfections better. During a few hard corners very stable. No skipping when pulling out from the garage to alley which is a hard turn. Haven't really pushed them yet and only driven on dry roads. The P-zeros were very noisy and ever since I bought the Boxster GTS 3 years ago. They would also skip on hard slow turns even after warming up. I suspect they are really great on the track but under normal everyday driving the Michelins just seem to be a better solution...so far.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

My BGTS came with the Pzeros I used them for a few DE's and they sucked also heat cycled out after only a few events. I have PS2's on my turbo, MPSS's on my C2 and am running upsized PS4s's on my BGTS now. IMO the PS2 was a great tire when it first came out but the SS's are a step up and the 4s's a step up from the SS's. Amazing tire with traction and ability that IMO exceeds many of the R compounds I used on track just 10 years ago. Although I am ready for a new set already. They will heat cycle out faster than an R compound so I might consider the cup 2's next and see how they work out.

Quick Reply: Michelin Sport 4s