Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.1 Frunk Lining

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 PM
gtbrandon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987.1 Frunk Lining

So when I bought this car a few weeks ago, it had some known issues that I was okay with. I was able to fix all of them other than these two clips that hold the “hidden compartment” up that contains the air pump, wheel lock, etc. I found a diagram which seemed to depict what I needed but after ordered the part, it looks nothing like what’s in there. I guess I need a threaded plastic bolt of some sort, so any ideas from people who might have run into this issue themselves?

Parts Catalog

I bought part #14 from this diagram as that’s exactly where the screws are, yet it’s not the right part so I’m lost. Maybe it’s part #16 as I need a plastic screw of some sort, but that’s not the right location on the diagram and I can’t find any pics to see if it’s plastic or metal.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 PM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

You have the correct part. I just went out to my '06 Cayman to check. It's a quarter turn fastener. Push it in fully into the hole and turn 1/4 turn. Very little pressure is needed. Seems to be a little tricky to fit but does work.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:09 PM
gtbrandon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I was so confused what the plastic in there already was, but I guess it was some BS from the previous owner. I’m so glad this was the right part.

Quick Reply: 987.1 Frunk Lining