987 - 981 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.1 Frunk Lining

Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 PM
gtbrandon
User

Default 987.1 Frunk Lining

So when I bought this car a few weeks ago, it had some known issues that I was okay with. I was able to fix all of them other than these two clips that hold the ďhidden compartmentĒ up that contains the air pump, wheel lock, etc. I found a diagram which seemed to depict what I needed but after ordered the part, it looks nothing like whatís in there. I guess I need a threaded plastic bolt of some sort, so any ideas from people who might have run into this issue themselves?

Parts Catalog

I bought part #14 from this diagram as thatís exactly where the screws are, yet itís not the right part so Iím lost. Maybe itís part #16 as I need a plastic screw of some sort, but thatís not the right location on the diagram and I canít find any pics to see if itís plastic or metal.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 PM
RWPinNC
Addict
Rennlist Member

You have the correct part. I just went out to my '06 Cayman to check. It's a quarter turn fastener. Push it in fully into the hole and turn 1/4 turn. Very little pressure is needed. Seems to be a little tricky to fit but does work.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:09 PM
gtbrandon
User

Thanks! I was so confused what the plastic in there already was, but I guess it was some BS from the previous owner. Iím so glad this was the right part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: