Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Radi-CAL BBK for 981 Cayman S, Boxster S!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 03:41 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 667 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by ItecEsp

can you please tell me wich wheel will fit the front 390mm ap radical II BBK on the bmw?
I habe a problem now because ive just installed it on my 1M and the stock 359 doesnt fit. Need help please.

Thanks in advance.
Happy to help. I believe you have the 6 piston 372mm BBK for the 1M, correct? I do not recall a 390mm kit being available.

Our 18" SM-10, EC-7 and FL-5 wheel designs are specifically developed to clear a variety of aftermarket and factory BBK's to prevent enthusiasts from having to run larger diameter wheel than necessary. As a testament to this, our 18" SM-10 Porsche wheels clear the factory PCCB's found on select 996/997 cars. I really look forward to working with Cayman/Boxster owners that have Radi-CAL kits - they are the real deal!

- Ryan

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 12-18-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:14 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 667 Likes on 371 Posts

Thanks for hopping in and trying to help Apex.

I believe ItecESP is talking about an AP Racing kit created by Stillen, that uses a larger 390mm disc. We have no fitment information on that kit, and he would have to contact Stillen to get any fitment data. It's highly unlikely that any 18" wheel is going to clear a 390mm disc. The Radi-CAL II caliper is also considerably larger than the six piston Pro5000R calipers we offer. That will make fitment even more challenging. I wish I had more positive news for you ItecESP!
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 12-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 667 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex

I believe ItecESP is talking about an AP Racing kit created by Stillen, that uses a larger 390mm disc. We have no fitment information on that kit, and he would have to contact Stillen to get any fitment data. It's highly unlikely that any 18" wheel is going to clear a 390mm disc. The Radi-CAL II caliper is also considerably larger than the six piston Pro5000R calipers we offer. That will make fitment even more challenging. I wish I had more positive news for you ItecESP!
Ah yes, I forgot the Radi-CAL kits assembled by Stillen are offered in both 370mm (APR71100) and 390mm (APR71200) for the E9X M3/E82 1M. We certainly prefer the Pro5000R calipers for track/race applications

ItecESP - Although our 18" wheels can clear the Stillen Radi-CAL II 370mm kit (see the image below), I do not believe there is an 18" wheel on the planet that can clear the 390mm kit. Our 19" wheels will clear no problem, and please feel free to PM me if I can help further.

Radi-CAL II Calipers assembled by Stillen

- Ryan
Old 12-18-2018, 05:15 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

We need to get another GT4 back in here to collect some measurements! If you know of anyone who would let us borrow their car, please let me know.
How long would you need it? I could possibly be talked into that.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:44 AM
ItecEsp
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

Thanks for all the answers!
I was looking for a wheel to fit my 390mm 6 pistons AP radical II. No 18 wheel will fit so i started looking for a 19 wheel that fit. I found the avantgrade M359 with the same appearance than the stok wheels but with lower ET so they fit!! so i solved the problem.
The car is still beeing upgraded and i cant wait to test it...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Radi-CAL BBK for 981 Cayman S, Boxster S!