Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frunk size and chargers - Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 01:13 AM
achatgrau
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a bit of a Rimowa luggage fan. We have a four board trolleys and two larger check-in cases. Rimowa luggage is definitely pricey, but it's also significantly cheaper in Germany than in the US. Also, contrary to the comment above, the major online luggage stores that are legit Rimowa ADs in Germany will discount the price.

You could always bring some cheap/worn out luggage on the way there then buy and switch while in Germany to new Rimowas acquired on your trip.

Rimowas are very common in Germany (and other European countries); so common that each of our check-in bags have a sticker on them so we can identify them when they arrive on the baggage belt at an airport. In the US, it's not so common; and almost every trip I make a flight attendant or someone comments on how cool they think my bag is.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Yes, it can be a little confusing.

Let's try this again:

Frunk storage area:

27" wide across the front of the car
22" deep in the back (closest to the windshield)
17" deep in the front (closest to the front bumper)
18" from the front of the storage area to the rear of the storage area (I think this is what you're asking for - my fault for previously omitting)

Trunk:

32" wide across the back of the car
12" deep in the back (closest to the rear window)
9" deep in the front (closest to the rear bumper)
17" from the front of the storage area to the rear of the storage area (I think this is what you're asking for - my fault for omitting)

Hope that helps.
Perfect - thanks!

Quick Reply: Frunk size and chargers - Spyder