Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Cream White Spyder with Cocoa Interior...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I love your posts Eduardo, always great to read and learn from them.

When I first started looking at Spyders I had picked out Cream White with Black interior and Black Wheels. But I got nervous about the cream white and if I would like it in the long term. The additional price for the cream white didn't help, hard to justify the added cost on a color that should technically cost the same as others.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

While we are speaking of rare Spyder's, I was looking through my pictures and also found this one which I know the original owner took delivery of very early on....Lots of options on this one....

Kinda makes you wonder what desirably optioned or rare combo's could be out there since not everyone posts their cars on the web....
Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've stated many times that I would never sell my Spyder but there is one exception. If the Azur Blue Spyder came up for sale and wasn't outlandishly priced I would put my car up for sale to buy it. That IMHO is a rare and beautiful combo.

The white one above belongs to a Rennlister, or used to. Wonder if he still has it.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:26 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

A while back someone posted a black with cocoa interior, I believe he was in Australia, but that was a nice combo as well I have never seen stateside.

I know one of the members on here did it as well, but I always thought the alcantara lower dash from the GT3/RS/4.0 would look really nice especially with a brighter color interior like carrera red, especially if it blended in with the alcantara door panels and sport buckets inserts. Maybe throw on a 4.0 steering wheel as well and that would be a dream combo.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
While we are speaking of rare Spyder's, I was looking through my pictures and also found this one which I know the original owner took delivery of very early on....Lots of options on this one....

Kinda makes you wonder what desirably optioned or rare combo's could be out there since not everyone posts their cars on the web....
That was JP Court's. Take a look the black deviating stitching on the Carrera Red interior. It is hardly noticeable. That is the reason I decided not to order it on my Spyder. Talking about uncommon options, the expensive PCCB's are as rare as hen's teeth due to cost. I don't think JPCourt has this Spyder still. He seems to go through cars like...well, many of us!

http://teamspeed.com/forums/boxster-...s-arrived.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images    
Old 03-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I've stated many times that I would never sell my Spyder but there is one exception. If the Azur Blue Spyder came up for sale and wasn't outlandishly priced I would put my car up for sale to buy it. That IMHO is a rare and beautiful combo.

The white one above belongs to a Rennlister, or used to. Wonder if he still has it.
Afshin:

Yes, the Azure Blue/Carrera Red is beautiful...and unique. Plus it's one of the last MY2012 Spyders built!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...to-the-us.html

It wouldn't hurt to ask. PM the guy and see what he is up to with his car. If you don't, I will!

https://rennlist.com/forums/concours...ferrerid=87641

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2014, 03:11 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

The owner in Oregon still has it. I have emailed him numerous times and he isn't selling I know he's mentioned he enjoys driving it more than his 997 GT3.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

I don't think I have ever seen a white/cocoa combo. That would be a nice combo as well. Aqua Blue and cocoa would also be interesting. I think I remember seeing a silver with cocoa from the Auto Gallery in LA a few months back but it had the normal sport seats.

I did ask Suncoast a while back about pricing for swapping an interior color As you can imagine, it would be extreme, about 20k to swap an interior from say black non full leather to cocoa full leather. This price includes the leather for dash, door panels, etc, and the replacement leather pieces for the sport buckets, but not the sport bucket seats themselves.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I know one of the members on here did it as well, but I always thought the alcantara lower dash from the GT3/RS/4.0 would look really nice especially with a brighter color interior like carrera red, especially if it blended in with the alcantara door panels and sport buckets inserts. Maybe throw on a 4.0 steering wheel as well and that would be a dream combo.
Yes, Steve did it in NJ (OnlyIBuck). It looks great. Wish the factory had allowed that in MY2012 when I ordered my Spyder!

A while back someone posted a black with cocoa interior, I believe he was in Australia, but that was a nice combo as well I have never seen stateside.
That is WAY's car. He is still 'down under' and active in Rennlist & Rennteam. Don't know if he still has this beautiful Spyder! He recently had on order a 991 gt3...but might now have second thoughts due to the issues surrounding that super 'hot' model!!!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       
The following users liked this post:
badapag (01-07-2024)
Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Could still have a dealer certify after you buy it I believe?
In theory yes. But it's quite a hassle. They have to own the car and then certify it. And then you buy it from them.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Afshin:

Yes, the Azure Blue/Carrera Red is beautiful...and unique. Plus it's one of the last MY2012 Spyders built!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...to-the-us.html

It wouldn't hurt to ask. PM the guy and see what he is up to with his car. If you don't, I will!

https://rennlist.com/forums/concours...ferrerid=87641

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

So I show my wife the Azure Blue Spyder and ask "What do you think?" Her reply, it's nice. I then suggested selling mine to buy it and she said definitely not! She doesn't like the red interior. My daughter walks over and says "Let me see". After a quick look she says "nope" and walks away.

My daughter then pipes up and says "But it would be ok if you want to trade your car with one that has back seats so we can all go on drives" I look at my wife and smile. I told her there's no way I'm switching the Spyder for a 911 and her comment was to "add to the collection" Soo I guess I know what my next toy will be.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z356
That was JP Court's. Take a look the black deviating stitching on the Carrera Red interior. It is hardly noticeable. That is the reason I decided not to order it on my Spyder. Talking about uncommon options, the expensive PCCB's are as rare as hen's teeth due to cost. I don't think JPCourt has this Spyder still. He seems to go through cars like...well, many of us!

http://teamspeed.com/forums/boxster-...s-arrived.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Eduardo, are those white bezels on the white spyder with red int? Was that an option or after market?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
Eduardo, are those white bezels on the white spyder with red int? Was that an option or after market?
Ian: I believe it's all 'factory'. JPCourt is a 'good' customer* and 'Porsche Exclusive' allowed him to select from a variety of obscure options - such as the one you inquired about. He also wisely chooses deviating carpeting in 'Black', yet got the removable carpet inserts in 'Carrera Red', which kinds of defeat the whole purpose of the exercise. But whatever floats your boat. Taste is such a personal/individual matter. Quite frankly, these 'white' trim accents, as well as the painted wheels, are the things I least like about this particular build!

Saludos,
Eduardo

*JPCourt's current stable:
2013 Audi S8
2011 Aston Martin V12 Vantage
2011 Ferrari 599 GTO
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2012 McLaren MP4-12C
2013 Porsche 911 C4S Cab
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2011 Porsche GT3 4.0 RS #424
2005 Porsche Carrera GT #1012
1997 Porsche 993 Turbo S
1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6
2006 Spyker C8 Spyder
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eduardo. I don't like the extra white either, but have thought about getting mine painted red, under the gauge hood.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM
genxr
Rennlist Member

First, Eduardo, thank you for your posts. I like the rarer/personlized/limited edition models and your posts are always informative. I really appreciate them.

The white/cocoa is a stunning car. Love the brown sports buckets and I recall seeing it before when I was hunting for my own Spyder.

Aside form Eduardo's (of course), there was another Spyder in Chicago I really loved. It was used at the Detroit auto show. PTS Meteor Gray with red sports buckets. I tried to get it, but someone got the before me.

Last edited by genxr; 03-05-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Grammar and add picture

Quick Reply: Cream White Spyder with Cocoa Interior...