Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Good Buy?
For sure, go for it
0%
Ok probably won't see a better value for months
12.50%
keep looking
50.00%
Don't do it
37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Should I buy this 2013 S via CarMax?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:39 PM
914tim
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I would give my experience with CarMax a "C" grade. After completing all the paper work and getting ready to leave, they said I would have to bring the car back to fix some drivers seat controls which weren't working. I had not noticed(they are 14 adjustments), oil filter was weeping(PPI found that, they didn't) and the auto stop function wasn't operational. At any rate, I had to wait a week before they could see the car. We both knew it would have to go a Porsche dealer. I returned the car on Friday, they didn't bring it to Porsche until Tuesday night. Porsche had the car until Friday night.

I picked up the car on Saturday. I was given receipts from Porsche, showing repairs to seat that was all. No oil filter or auto stop repair. Called CarMax yesterday, still no return call.

In California CarMax lost a law suit regarding the quality of their 100 point inspections, I can see why. I'm now wondering about my 30 day , 100% warranty.

I do love the car, has all the options I wanted with the preferred color and interior. Looking forward to some great drives.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 AM
EvilTuna7
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time with them. They should definitely cover the things you mentioned and it might be worth a drive over there if you don't hear back from them. I'm thinking I'll buy have a PPI done after reading this thread. Glad you're enjoying yours though, I'm enjoying the heck out of mine!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:53 AM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Fun. Keep the pressure on, and ENJOY the ride.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 2013 S via CarMax?