Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 headers - Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:32 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 981 headers - Aftermarket?

Has anybody fitted Fabspeed or some other brand. If so how have you found them?
Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 AM
jwade
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.cargraphicts.com/index.php?id=141481&L=1
Old 12-30-2015, 07:30 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 605 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
Has anybody fitted Fabspeed or some other brand. If so how have you found them?
are you looking for a "Sport" manifold with a 200 cell cat or a "Race" manifold without cats? We are a dealer for the Cargraphic manifold that Jwade sent a link to. A lot of our 981 S/GTS and GT4 customers are very happy and they are something that have been in production now for over 5 years.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:12 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
are you looking for a "Sport" manifold with a 200 cell cat or a "Race" manifold without cats? We are a dealer for the Cargraphic manifold that Jwade sent a link to. A lot of our 981 S/GTS and GT4 customers are very happy and they are something that have been in production now for over 5 years.
I've got a new Cayman GTS on order and was just toying the around with the idea of a set with cats and was interested in seeing if anybody had fitted any and what the feedback was.
I am in Australia though, but would consider a used set even.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:25 AM
jwade
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
I've got a new Cayman GTS on order and was just toying the around with the idea of a set with cats and was interested in seeing if anybody had fitted any and what the feedback was.
I am in Australia though, but would consider a used set even.
I have been very pleased with the sound and performance of the sport cat versions. There is no difference in HP between the catless and sportcat versions. Both produce a claimed 16hp each. Cargraphic's quality is second to none.

Additionally, I recommend adding an IPD plenum with the 82mm 997 GT3 throttle body. This combo really adds a nice level of performance, but you may / will throw a CEL with the IPD due to the stock ECU reading pressure outside the stock limits. My next next mod will be a software reflash to take full advantage of these mods, but have been on the fence watching what companies develop the best tune for the money...
Old 02-13-2016, 11:57 AM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thinking about buying a Carrera 981 S and doing some performance mods. Based upon what I've read, I'm leaning towards an IPD plenum and larger throttle body, catless headers and modifying the stock muffler (carnewal). The only ECU flash I've found so far is by Cobb. Can anyone suggest another ECU flash and with these mods will I be in the 365 - 370 crank HP range?
Old 02-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Alex@PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RichFL
Thinking about buying a Carrera 981 S and doing some performance mods. Based upon what I've read, I'm leaning towards an IPD plenum and larger throttle body, catless headers and modifying the stock muffler (carnewal). The only ECU flash I've found so far is by Cobb. Can anyone suggest another ECU flash and with these mods will I be in the 365 - 370 crank HP range?
We are the North American distributors for mcchip-DKR Software Optimization. They are based out of Germany and campaign a lot of Porsche race cars in different race series around the world. They have been assisting us with tuning a lot of our street/race client builds. We just purchased a brand new 981 and will be doing a slew of bolt-ons and topping it off with our own mcchip-DKR Stage 2 tune.

We should be able to help you crank out another 40-45hp or so

Here are several 981 Caymans on the dyno!

Porsche 981S on the dyno for a Stage 1 tune.

Porsche 981S with a 991 front end and campaigned in different race series in Europe.

Porsche 981 GT4 on the dyno for a Stage 1 tune.

Feel free to PM us with any questions. We'll be posting another thread showing the progress of our own 981 build. Just waiting for winter to thaw over so we can fully break-in our motor!

Quick Reply: 981 headers - Aftermarket?