Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a new Cayman S today

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
olmy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also fell in love with the CS after a test drive and am considering what to order. I will be doing prob 3-6 track days a year.

Have you guys who went with or are going with PASM tested the other options? My test car had PASM and the ride quality was outstanding but I couldn't tell much difference between sport mode on and off lol. Also the complexity down the road is a bit of a concern, since I keep cars forever. Have you tried the other options? I'm probably gonna order the Sports Suspension but it's very hard finding a test car thus equipped.

Btw, I'm also contemplating PTV and will probably skip it and go for a Guard unit at some point.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the steering wheel with the paddles on it is very nice - the one that has volume control and display scroll and stuff - that is worth it. And since this is a luxury car, if you are specifying, get the keyless entry and drive option, I had that on my 991 and miss it. Check seats carefully, for me the fanciest of the power seats were much less comfortable than the less capable ones. Since you can't get a decent radio without the Sirius thingie (which to me is worthless), I guess you have to get that. Dimming mirrors are nice.

I got the PDK, but I rarely use the override - mostly to tell it to coast. Maybe that extra automation is what makes the car less engaging?

Quick Reply: Test drove a new Cayman S today