Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Supercup + Soul Performance Sport Headers = Too much drone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2024, 03:16 PM
rezilient
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
If you're looking for the best of both worlds, I would go with our track-tec system. It has valved dump pipes, allowing you to get supercup level sound when you want it, but also our maxflo mufflers so you can quiet things down as needed.
https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-981...xhaust-system/

Little to no drone when closed, and track level noise when open!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRhXSJ-21eI
Thanks for replying! Do you know any shops that have (or have you guys) installed this with the Soul Sport (200 cel catted) headers? My concern is that the unknown combination of the two could lead to unexpected drone. I got the Supercup second hand but if I go with the tracktec new, its not something I want to play roulette on $4000+ assuming the drone will be gone.
Old 09-23-2024, 06:47 PM
brewerbry
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

If you want to avoid drone, stock is the only way to go. period. If you want a louder option (at your command) then either the Porsche sport exhaust with valve control or go custom and modify the stock muffler with dump valves and have the best of both worlds. You can get all of the valve controls, dump valves, and downturn pipes from Ali Express for $150 approx and probably several hundred in labor at a muffler shop...
Old 09-23-2024, 08:13 PM
Ernest72
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

As others have said get the PSE. I have it with soul catted headers. My video is on their website if you want to hear. I think it’s the last one with an agate grey cayman. I love the sound. Still some drone but nothing crazy and if you close the valves it’s not bad at all. But any valves system will help.
Old 09-24-2024, 12:38 AM
SQ13
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Several people have recommended the PSE for a reason. Just buy it.

I have it paired with Cargraphics modular headers with 200CPI HJS cats. No drone with valves closed, and very minimal drone with valves open. Again, very minimal and tolerable, and I’m very sensitive to exhaust setups that drone.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUC981CPSE.html

Last edited by SQ13; 09-24-2024 at 12:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SQ13:
nhnguy12 (09-24-2024), rezilient (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 08:26 PM
rezilient
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brewerbry
If you want to avoid drone, stock is the only way to go. period. If you want a louder option (at your command) then either the Porsche sport exhaust with valve control or go custom and modify the stock muffler with dump valves and have the best of both worlds. You can get all of the valve controls, dump valves, and downturn pipes from Ali Express for $150 approx and probably several hundred in labor at a muffler shop...
I actually LOVE the idea of doing a dump valve on my existing exhaust. I mean its worth a shot using the exhaust I just pulled from the car and I am obsessed with doing more custom work like that. I just found your thread on the topic, going to check
it out! Thank you.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Supercup + Soul Performance Sport Headers = Too much drone!