Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Golf bags that fit in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 12:51 PM
brianpdx
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Golf bags that fit in the trunk

Morning Rennlisters, quick hopefully easy question for you. Can any of you point me toward a golf bag that is confirmed to fit in the trunk of a Boxster? I've successfully fit my wife's entire set in the trunk by taking the drivers out of the bag and placing them first, then the bag on top of them. My set came with a bag that just ain't gonna work. It's a full set, 2 drivers and a putter. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 06-17-2024, 09:20 PM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 228 Posts

Wish I could be of assistance. This is one of the things I hate about our cars....fitting golf clubs is more aggravating than the game itself. It's such a hassle, I don't even bother trying any more.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:27 PM
FishingForFishes
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

My bag is a Vessel VLX I think. Fits in the trunk pretty well, have to just angle it in and out. Easier to get it in and out of the Boxster than my NC Miata.

Only the driver has to go in the passenger seat. 3 hybrid has to leave the bag but fits the trunk. Can get my shoes in there as well.

My irons are cut a little short, but I doubt that makes the difference for me.

Edit: The Boxster is only fitting one bag back there I think. In the Miata I did once squeeze two into the trunk! My passenger held the woods.

Edit 2: If there is a smaller golf store, or maybe a course pro shop, nearby. Ask sales staff if you could try and fit the bag in the car. Bring an iron or two. I’d bet a store would let you try briefly in their lot.

Last edited by FishingForFishes; 06-17-2024 at 09:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
brianpdx (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 11:19 PM
TEF
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

For sure those bags intended for riding carts (that have a very large diameter) do not fit the BS trunk. In fact, the driver and woods have to be removed before a moderately-sized bag will fit. While the 981 seems a larger car than the 987, that latter had more room for a bag and clubs. Nevertheless, the 981 BS is still a fun car to drive
Old 06-20-2024, 01:48 PM
spnsprt
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been too worried to try to fit them in the back of the cayman and just put the bag in the passenger footwell. Obviously won't work with a passenger though.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:36 AM
ThV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have to take the driver out, but then it works with mostly every carrybag. I have transported several over the years, now use an Ogio. No experience with standbags however.

Originally Posted by brianpdx
Morning Rennlisters, quick hopefully easy question for you. Can any of you point me toward a golf bag that is confirmed to fit in the trunk of a Boxster? I've successfully fit my wife's entire set in the trunk by taking the drivers out of the bag and placing them first, then the bag on top of them. My set came with a bag that just ain't gonna work. It's a full set, 2 drivers and a putter. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 06-28-2024, 08:38 AM
ShopVac
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Honestly - resigned to having these ride in the passenger seat until I saw this thread.

All my clubs have a 1/2" extension, and while it's not what Rodney Dangerfield had, this DLX bag is not small by any means. I pull my 3W and driver out (passenger seat)....bag fits with no effort (heads to the left, they slide in first).. Shoe bag in the frunk.
The following users liked this post:
brianpdx (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 03:34 PM
haan
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have a stand bag they can suggest for the cayman? It seems harder to fit a bag horizontally behind the engine vs the boxster. I don’t mind taking the clubs out I just want a bag that I can fit in the rear trunk area NOT on the engine bag or vertically

Quick Reply: Golf bags that fit in the trunk