Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall #AMC0 REPROGRAMMING TCU AND ECU

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 07:16 PM
wing_man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW I hugely regret having done this recall to my 981 S, mainly since it affected performance on the track (if using PDK), and I feel that's what Sport+ was designed for. Folks may tell you that with full-open throttle there's no difference between pre- and post-recall shifting, but on the track as you come out of turns you'd gradually get on the throttle and, with this recall, a lot of times PDK will upshift way too early, leaving you in third or fourth gear...

Personally I would not recommend doing this recall at all, if for no other reason than there's no going back. If you really want the post-recall behavior, a simple tune (like what COBB offers off the shelf) will give you that, and you can always uninstall it!
Old 03-08-2024, 10:58 AM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Received 477 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by wing_man
FWIW I hugely regret having done this recall to my 981 S, mainly since it affected performance on the track (if using PDK), and I feel that's what Sport+ was designed for. Folks may tell you that with full-open throttle there's no difference between pre- and post-recall shifting, but on the track as you come out of turns you'd gradually get on the throttle and, with this recall, a lot of times PDK will upshift way too early, leaving you in third or fourth gear...

Personally I would not recommend doing this recall at all, if for no other reason than there's no going back. If you really want the post-recall behavior, a simple tune (like what COBB offers off the shelf) will give you that, and you can always uninstall it!
Glad I declined. I also track and was concerned with the Sport+ impact on the track. I added a DIY Cobb tune last Fall. I could feel the difference and it effected mpg but was a cold and wet weekend so had to be careful. Forecast for 60 today so changing front rotors and pads and putting on the track wheels/tires.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:10 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

If the only change is affecting the automatic behavior on the track and everything else will go back to before, than I am good with it. I don't plan to track the car (even though it is super tempting!!). I also I think most of people are going in manual mode on the track so don't see a big problem with that. I am about to get the door insert fixed, so didn't have the chance to drive it much and find out more about the post recall behavior. But I hope things get back to where they were before the recall was performed in normal and sports mode.
Old 07-21-2024, 08:47 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
...I would just get it done. May be too late but at one point porsche was incentivizing people to get it done with a $200 check.
Well, today I got a $250 check in the mail for completing the recall.. It had been several months and I had forgotten about it..

..and this was in addition to the other checks I got about 6 months ago for being a part of the effected "class"
Old 07-21-2024, 11:11 AM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 256 Posts

I didn't get my $250 because I believed the people who said it was a bad idea to get the recall performed. By the time I realized otherwise, it was too late.

Quick Reply: Recall #AMC0 REPROGRAMMING TCU AND ECU