Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Besides here, best place to find a 2016 981 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 09:57 AM
AngeloGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd been patiently browsing the market for a while, looking at carsandbids, rennlist and autotrader primarily. I too really just wanted the bucket seats.

Carsandbids had some well priced ones, although gt4s rarely showed up. I did end up getting one from rennlist (actually right after the seller posted it)... a little sooner than I anticipated (given I still had my 981GTS at the time), but it was a local seller who used the same mechanic as me, and the car had a few track upgrades that I was looking for.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to move back to GT4 from ZL1?
Old 01-21-2024, 10:35 AM
HotRodGT4
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AngeloGTS
I'd been patiently browsing the market for a while, looking at carsandbids, rennlist and autotrader primarily. I too really just wanted the bucket seats.

Carsandbids had some well priced ones, although gt4s rarely showed up. I did end up getting one from rennlist (actually right after the seller posted it)... a little sooner than I anticipated (given I still had my 981GTS at the time), but it was a local seller who used the same mechanic as me, and the car had a few track upgrades that I was looking for.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to move back to GT4 from ZL1?
One reason is silly but it's annoying. It's actually 2-3 times more expensive to insure the ZLE due to crashes and thefts. Each car is assigned a SYMBOL value that is it's risk to the insurance company. Every year the Camaro went up and for 2024 AAA refused to insure it anymore even though I had no claims, so it wasn't me, it's just considered a risky deal (most likely because younger people buy them)

The real reason is that even though the ZLE would destroy the GT4 on track and is a much faster car I miss the overall feel of my GT4 and in many ways it was just more fun. Maybe it was the larger windows or the fact I could drive with the windows down and my arm on the sill. Also, while the ZLE is stupid fast it's a big car and I liked the feel of the GT4 better since it's nearly 1000 pounds lighter. The Camaro is a bit easier for me to work on, but the GT4 isn't that hard aside from the challengine engine placement. Given my job I SHOULD drive the ZLE Camaro, but overall the GT4 brought me more overall joy. Although the GT4 needs the trans gearing fixed. I will say, tracking the ZLE is quite the experience. Oh, and I've driven a lot of cars and the carbon buckets in the Porsche are about the best seats out there.

Last edited by HotRodGT4; 01-21-2024 at 10:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (01-25-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 12:13 PM
NashvilleJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you pick up the red one for sale? That one went quick because I messaged the seller within a couple days and it was likely going local.
Old 01-21-2024, 12:24 PM
HotRodGT4
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NashvilleJoe
Did you pick up the red one for sale? That one went quick because I messaged the seller within a couple days and it was likely going local.
Carmine red? Not sure which one you meant.. I'm still shopping, weather is crap so there's no huge rush. Hard to be patient though.. ha
Old 01-21-2024, 02:29 PM
m3bs
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodGT4
The real reason is that even though the ZLE would destroy the GT4 on track and is a much faster car I miss the overall feel of my GT4 and in many ways it was just more fun. Maybe it was the larger windows or the fact I could drive with the windows down and my arm on the sill. Also, while the ZLE is stupid fast it's a big car and I liked the feel of the GT4 better since it's nearly 1000 pounds lighter. The Camaro is a bit easier for me to work on, but the GT4 isn't that hard aside from the challengine engine placement. Given my job I SHOULD drive the ZLE Camaro, but overall the GT4 brought me more overall joy. Although the GT4 needs the trans gearing fixed. I will say, tracking the ZLE is quite the experience. Oh, and I've driven a lot of cars and the carbon buckets in the Porsche are about the best seats out there.
I made the same move from ZLE to GT4 for the same reasons. I just wish the LWB fit me better……and I do miss the air conditioned seats! I don’t miss having to put gas in after every track session though.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:14 PM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodGT4
Carmine red? Not sure which one you meant.. I'm still shopping, weather is crap so there's no huge rush. Hard to be patient though.. ha
I think he was asking AngeloGTS. I'd assume he got that red one. That car was in NJ. I was also considering it but I was working down south and didn't get home until mid december at which time that car was already gone.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:43 PM
AngeloGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NashvilleJoe
Yes, that was me... the car was perfect for me, so I jumped on it.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:38 PM
lcjhnsn
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

My 2016 Rhodium Silver GT4 with LWB's and 36k miles is going up for sale in Southeast Connecticut in the Spring (it is in the garage until the road salt is gone)

Quick Reply: Besides here, best place to find a 2016 981 GT4?