Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing stole my shifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 04:31 PM
Numeric Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

@Feelgood MD We have made a few new hires within the last few months and have significantly cut down on lead times, still all depending on availability of raw materials and production times of parts. These new hires have made a huge impact on not only lead times but allowing Jordan to focus more on customer service and other responsibilities. To answer your question for lead times, I currently have around 40 of the 991/981/992/718 (NM400) shifters fully assembled and ready to ship. Orders for these shifters have been shipping out the same day as the order is placed or the next depending on the time or day the order was placed. We still run into delays from other variables(production times of parts, manufacturing delays on raw materials, etc.) However Jordan has been doing his best to respond to emails, phone calls, or our chat portals to let customers know the situation at hand if there are delays.

All that being said, We have these shifters in stock and can ship out the same day if not the next.

Last edited by Numeric Racing; 04-17-2024 at 04:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Numeric Racing:
Feelgood MD (04-17-2024), IRunalot (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 05:20 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 186 Posts

Glad to hear, I love my shifter and am going to order the 991 cables in the next day or two.

Last edited by IRunalot; 04-17-2024 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:25 PM
Feelgood MD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
@Feelgood MD We have made a few new hires within the last few months and have significantly cut down on lead times, still all depending on availability of raw materials and production times of parts. These new hires have made a huge impact on not only lead times but allowing Jordan to focus more on customer service and other responsibilities. To answer your question for lead times, I currently have around 40 of the 991/981/992/718 (NM400) shifters fully assembled and ready to ship. Orders for these shifters have been shipping out the same day as the order is placed or the next depending on the time or day the order was placed. We still run into delays from other variables(production times of parts, manufacturing delays on raw materials, etc.) However Jordan has been doing his best to respond to emails, phone calls, or our chat portals to let customers know the situation at hand if there are delays.

All that being said, We have these shifters in stock and can ship out the same day if not the next.
That sounds very promising. Thanks for the quick reply! Can forum (and/or PCA members) get a discount code as a sign of good faith? I think that'd go a long way given the nature of this thread...
Old 04-18-2024, 11:14 AM
Numeric Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

@Feelgood MD There is already a code that we have had for our Rennlist customers. Use the code RENNLIST at checkout to receive a 10% discount off your order.
The following 2 users liked this post by Numeric Racing:
AZ Boxster (04-18-2024), Feelgood MD (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 11:55 AM
Feelgood MD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
@Feelgood MD There is already a code that we have had for our Rennlist customers. Use the code RENNLIST at checkout to receive a 10% discount off your order.
Perfect. I just placed the order. Thanks for the quick and thorough responses. Looking forward to my new shifter!
The following users liked this post:
AZ Boxster (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 05:42 PM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Feelgood MD
Perfect. I just placed the order. Thanks for the quick and thorough responses. Looking forward to my new shifter!
Let us know how the process goes. Hoping for the best for you here.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:16 PM
eromain37
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverDaily
Oct 7th
Purchased a Numeric racing shifter for my 981 Cayman.

Oct 20
Shifter arrives.

Nov 14
Installed the shifter. With the 2mm spring, reverse is too stiff for me.

Nov 15
Emailed sales@numericracing.com and asked if I can buy the 1.5mm spring.
Jordan Lewis replies "The only solution to swap out the springs would be to send back the shifter to us and I will swap the springs out for you and ship this back to you."

Nov 20
Asked how much it would cost.
Jordan says "I am not charging you for the swap, just the shipping cost to ship back to you once completed."

Nov 22
Sent shifter back to Numeric.

Nov 27
Shifter arrived at Numeric Racing.

Nov 30
Followed up on spring change.
Jordan replies "Yes we received your shifter. Give me to the beginning of next week to get this knocked out."

Dec 6
Followed up on spring change. No reply.

Dec 8
Followed up on spring change. No reply.

Dec 11
I ask if I can get a refund, since they don't have time to swap the spring. No reply.

Conclusion
  • I spent several hundred dollars.
  • I don't have a shifter.
  • Jordan Lewis of Numeric Racing won't answer my email.
  • If you want a shifter, I recommend the new Rennline one.
I am not surprised, I am going thru a similar situation with them. ZERO communication on a $1,200.00 item?!? About to cxl that order and go a different route and will make sure that I spread the word in the Porsche community.
Old 07-27-2024, 01:51 PM
martkat
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eromain37
I am not surprised, I am going thru a similar situation with them. ZERO communication on a $1,200.00 item?!? About to cxl that order and go a different route and will make sure that I spread the word in the Porsche community.
Sure hope I too haven’t made a mistake by placing an order with Numeric Racing. Last Saturday, 7/20/24, I placed an online order for an exhaust system for my 2012 991.1 C2S.

I wouldn’t say that I’m in a bad spot yet but I left a vmail message and sent an email earlier this week just asking if I could be provided an estimated lead time and did not receive a response from either.

My Amex card was charged. I’ll give them a couple more weeks to respond but I wish I would have seen this thread first.
Old 07-27-2024, 02:05 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 186 Posts

I ordered the shifter cables last month and they showed up in 2 days. I wouldn't stress to much about it,
Old 07-31-2024, 05:21 PM
Fireball911
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by martkat
Sure hope I too haven’t made a mistake by placing an order with Numeric Racing. Last Saturday, 7/20/24, I placed an online order for an exhaust system for my 2012 991.1 C2S.

I wouldn’t say that I’m in a bad spot yet but I left a vmail message and sent an email earlier this week just asking if I could be provided an estimated lead time and did not receive a response from either.

My Amex card was charged. I’ll give them a couple more weeks to respond but I wish I would have seen this thread first.
FWIW, I sent an email Monday asking a few questions on spring size and Jordan answered within an hour each time. I placed an order that am for the shifter for my 991.1 and it just showed up today, two days later. Hope everything runs smoothly for others as well.
Old 07-31-2024, 10:34 PM
KingSize.Hamster
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Bought a set for my 997 relatively recently. Fast response and shipping. No issue

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing stole my shifter