Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct reverse light wire for splicing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 09:37 PM
Efavila
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct reverse light wire for splicing?

Hello. I have 981 boxster S, trying to install a trigger wire for my backup camera. I'm just trying to make sure I have the correct wire before I cut into it... Searching the forum I was told to look for a blue/black stripe wire and the only one I found is this one bundled with a bunch of other wires under the rear lock mechanism. It's very thin, like 20 gauge or smaller. thx

​​
Old 01-09-2024, 12:56 AM
sachin1275
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Efavila
Hello. I have 981 boxster S, trying to install a trigger wire for my backup camera. I'm just trying to make sure I have the correct wire before I cut into it... Searching the forum I was told to look for a blue/black stripe wire and the only one I found is this one bundled with a bunch of other wires under the rear lock mechanism. It's very thin, like 20 gauge or smaller. thx

​​
Were you able to determine the correct way to do this? I’m looking to do the same thing right now.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:47 PM
thecajunboy
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 325 Posts

The Blue/Black wire is the "reverse/backup" light. It connects to the reversing light with a 3 terminal plug. It is routed to the Rear Body Control Module and passes through another connector to get there. That intermediate connector can be either a 4 terminal, 6 terminal, or 14 terminal plug, dependent on options installed on the car. On all three plug types the reversing signal will always be the Blue/Black wire, according to the factory wiring diagrams.
The following users liked this post:
Last_935 (01-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Correct reverse light wire for splicing?