Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOUL Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 08:13 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts
Default SOUL Performance Exhaust

Got my SOUL performance exhaust installed at my local distributor in Virginia Beach and picked up my car today. It's a 2014 CS PDK w/o PSE purchased to be an HPDE car for me and my wife. I didn't want to splice into vacuum lines or have remotes in the car to operate valves (I use the Homelink for garage doors...crass, I know....) so, I went with the SOUL Performance exhaust. All I can say about the drive home is WOW!! Holy smokes, this sounds phenominal and this mod was well worth the price of admission, in my opinion! The car sounds like an animal now... My wife followed me home and she had almost as big a grin on her face as I did when we pulled in the garage.

For comparison, we had a 2015 991.1S with PSE and both of us always loved the sound of that car, and it got many complements at events and drives. I have to say that this exhaust makes the Cayman S sound even better than the 911S did, in my opinion. I am not sensitive to drone, so I won't elaborate on that other than to say that I don't think that there is much, if any at all. I really love the sound this exhaust produces, the enhanced burbles and pops that are even more pronounced in Sport+, and the look of the black tips I optioned contrasted with my white car. Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive that it would be on the "too loud" side, but I figured that I drive with valves open 100% of the time in my Spyder w/Kline exhaust, so, I opted to forego a valved exhaust for the CS and am really glad that I did. Thinking about the drive home, "Loud" is not a word I would use to describe the exhaust..."Robust", "Deep" and "Angry" seem more appropriate to me. Overall, extremely satisfied so far -- I cannot wait to hear this beast on the track.....

Thanks @Soul Performance !!!

Last edited by Der Tgr; 12-16-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: fix typos
The following users liked this post:
paddlefoot64 (12-21-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 04:13 PM
ElCid86
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Great feedback! So you have stock headers?
Old 12-19-2022, 05:19 PM
NJR1986
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ElCid86
Yes love the feedback! I am wondering if you have stock headers as well. Im considering same exhaust, but I have Mach5 catless headers with PSE, curious what kind of difference to expect.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:59 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ElCid86
Yep, stock headers. Difference in sound really is night and day...it is not too loud, and I imagine it would sound incredible combined with SOUL street headers, or other headers as well.

Originally Posted by NJR1986
Yes love the feedback! I am wondering if you have stock headers as well. Im considering same exhaust, but I have Mach5 catless headers with PSE, curious what kind of difference to expect.
I do have stock headers. If you are already running catless headers and PSE I imagine the difference will not be as pronounced as mine was with stock headers and no PSE, but I'd bet it would still offer an improvement.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:06 AM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 302 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by NJR1986
I did Soul catless headers with Soul exhaust on my GT4. I love it. Best way I can describe it: with valves closed, it sounds like the PSE with valves open…. and with valves opened it sounds like a straight-piped banshee. I’ve done 4-hour road trips with it (valves closed) and the sound in the cabin isn’t bad. Here’s some audio:
maschinetheist (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:26 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 298 Posts

Funny, I have the soul valved on my S, named her…
Emosgarage (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 10:17 AM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 120 Posts

Awesome, you have me thinking about doing this to my S with the standard exhaust.

Last edited by Newusername; 12-26-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Newusername
Awsome, you have me thinking about doing this to my S witht he standard exhaust.
Do it, let that engine breathe! They're on a great sale right now, contact us to take advantage.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 12-21-2022, 05:24 PM
cheesefries
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here, i did this mod last month and i love it!
Old 12-22-2022, 12:12 AM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

I would recommend the valved, the open mode is not too neighnor friendly. But omg, at the track!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:18 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyclman
I would recommend the valved, the open mode is not too neighnor friendly. But omg, at the track!
This is interesting to me...wonder if the valved exhaust in open mode is equal to non-valved performance exhaust I went with. I ask as mine is pretty tame at low throttle which allows me to slip out of the 'hood and still maintain a civil relationship with the neighbor.. Then, once I am on the open road and get on it, it sings.... Anyways, it would be interesting to hear them side-by-side in person....but either way, there isn't a wrong choice!

Last edited by Der Tgr; 12-22-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:47 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

I have a db meter, been meaning to take readings from 5he cockpit at various throttles, open, closed. When I start and close the valves, it noticeably quiets it. Still sounds great, but way mellower.

Quick Reply: SOUL Performance Exhaust