Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT4 Spiced up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:01 PM
Seanpat21
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GT4 Spiced up!

Okay, so got my car back from the good folks at NolaSport yesterday. They did the FVD tune, and they had a used Fabspeed valvetronic exhaust they sold me for a song…and of course, the monthly splitter replacement. 🤪 We almost did the Soul catless headers at the same time (they had them at the shop), but they wanted me to drive it like this first before making the decision. So, how is it? Hot damn, for all the folks who said “leave it, it’s a GT4”, lol, you’re crazy! 🤣 It’s SO much quicker, the throttle response is wildly improved (which means the rev matching downshifts are also wildly improved!), the car feels SO much more alive, the gearing doesn’t bother me now, and it sounds very nice. That said, I already let them know I’ll be doing the Soul headers asap. Yes it’s so much better—faster, louder, more responsive—but I’ll happily take more of all of that for a few K. Anyway, just wanted to check in. Super happy with the mods, and the car is so much more of a joy to drive. The added torque even means I have to be a bit more cautious being playful with the rear around turns—because it’ll move out now…easily. Here’s a really bad clip of me running down the street to Starbucks. Lots of cops in this area (been pulled over twice right here!), so couldn’t wring it out, but you get a small taste of the new and improved.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0289.MOV (13.81 MB, 68 views)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:04 PM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 228 Posts

Sounds good
The following users liked this post:
Seanpat21 (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:31 PM
Seanpat21
Advanced

Originally Posted by IndigoInkTaco
Sounds good
Thanks!!
Old 05-28-2022, 12:26 AM
thecajunboy
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 325 Posts

Sweet. Wish the clip was longer. Looking forward to hearing it in person someday. PCA? I catch most of the Mardi Gras region events.
The following users liked this post:
Seanpat21 (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 10:52 AM
Seanpat21
Advanced

Originally Posted by thecajunboy
Sweet. Wish the clip was longer. Looking forward to hearing it in person someday. PCA? I catch most of the Mardi Gras region events.
Me too! If there wasn’t a cop every 100 yards I’d get a longer clip. Lol. Slidell has to be the safest place to live in the world—because it’s def killing the fun of my daily errands. 🤪 I’m not a member but need to be. And am looking into doing some track day stuff. The NolaSport crew were great helping with helping me get acquainted with the track events. But first, I need that catless header setup! Hope we run into each other out here. What area are you in?
Old 05-31-2022, 09:39 AM
thecajunboy
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanpat21
What area are you in?
About 70 miles west in Gramercy. Some fun areas to drive along River Road, but nothing compared to good hill country.

Quick Reply: GT4 Spiced up!