Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

durametric issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:57 PM
tomekz
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 120 Posts
Default durametric issues

Has anyone had issues with a Durametric Scanner? Got mine today and some the live data values are not showing correct values. Used my FOXWELL NT350 and the value are correct.

for example the cylinder roughness values switch from 0 to 15203 back 0 etc...... These are not correct.

thanks,

Old 02-01-2022, 08:42 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 357 Posts

Yeah while a useful tool, it does have some bugs. What you describe is one of them.. same thing with the 'knock sums' or similar units on the 997 turbo.. the values are all over the place on the durametric and on my tune data logger they are in the +16 to -16 range (like I would expect).
There's also a bug with the Pxxxx codes that are read (some of them?) being reversed.. i.e. a P0021 code shows up as a P2100.

I attribute these to data-conversions and unit conversion issues in the software, not surprising for a software effort the size of Durametric..

Unfortunately, I don't know what versions these bugs exist (I know on my version they do) and if any of them ever got fixed.. I have heard anecdotally that folks have not had much luck in getting Durametric to fix them, but I have no direct knowledge of this.

Back when it was the only real game in town I suppose you just kind of had to live with these issues.. but now there are competing products, so I have no idea if Durametric will step up their game. My Foxwell 520Pro will read overrevs and do some limited 'programming' at a price point much cheaper than the Durametric. (But even the Foxwell NT520 has a bug where it cannot 'write' dates greater than 2020, so even it is not immune from bugs..)

I DO like the logging/data capture capability of the Durametric, and used it extensively when troubleshooting running issues in the the past.

Last edited by saabin; 02-01-2022 at 08:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tomekz (02-01-2022)

Quick Reply: durametric issues