Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lights/DRL

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:03 PM
cheesefries
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fog lights/DRL

Hello all- I am happy to be part of this forum and owning my first Porsche!

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to a few things....

The fog light/DRL part number or where I can find this? I looked on FCP Euro, ECS tuning, Pelican parts, and even Suncoast. There was no mention of DRL bulbs. I am pretty sure the DRL and fog light bulbs are out as the driver side is completely out and the passenger side is still on. It throws a warning on the dashboard so I figure I get the bulbs first and test it out before changing the entire fog light assembly.

The same driver side clear marker is cracked but works, is this a simple pop the part out plug and play?

Any other tips, mods, hacks, ideas I am all ears.

Cheers!
Old 12-14-2021, 07:16 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 350 Posts

Welcome to the 981 board!

Be sure to check your fuses before you begin chasing parts. Looking at Suncoast's parts site, it looks as if the fog light is an integrated unit with no separate bulbs listed.

As for the side marker, looking here, https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991INCLIGHT.html, they state, "If you have a damaged or missing side marker, we now offer the light housings individually."

Hope this helps.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:23 PM
Snip's
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

DRL / FOG lights are LED units and don't have replaceable bulbs. You would need to replace the complete assembly. It's very doubtful the light is bad as LEDs tend to have long lives.

Check fuses first, replacement light assemblies are going to cost around $350 each.

Quick Reply: Fog lights/DRL