Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gap Sport Chrono Surrounding

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Enijx
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap Sport Chrono Surrounding

Does someone know how to fix the gap between the air takes and the clock surrounding? Changed the Clock last week and noticed a gap in between right and left side. Tried to push to the right side and move up the buzel a bit but nothing helped.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Tommy L Garage
Rennlist Member

Received 560 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Enijx
Does someone know how to fix the gap between the air takes and the clock surrounding? Changed the Clock last week and noticed a gap in between right and left side. Tried to push to the right side and move up the buzel a bit but nothing helped.

remove the air vents and reach in. You’ll be able to adjust the bezel from the inside.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:33 PM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 279 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Enijx
I recently installed a sport chrono clock in my 981CS that was not equipped with the SC option. I bought an eBay clock and trim bezel and cut the hole in the dash to install the clock so I am very familiar with the clock bezel fitment. The only suggestion I would have is to pull out the PCM and loosen the two screws that hold in the clock and slide the clock in the direction you need to center the trim. There are not actual adjustment slots but I think the holes in the clock are large enough to allow a small adjustment.
Jim
Old 07-05-2021, 12:56 AM
Tommy L Garage
Rennlist Member

Received 560 Likes on 208 Posts

This should also help

Quick Reply: Gap Sport Chrono Surrounding