Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 07:56 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Fronttrunk

16 981BGTS 6MT x73
So took possession of my first Pcar yesterday! 981B GTS 6MT x73. This car is AMAZING! Coming out of a BMW E92 I was concerned about ride with the x73 especially w 20" wheels. I had narrowed my search to two cars one with PASM and this x73. I was very nervous the ride would be harsh. After some great advice and info gathered on this forum I chose the x73 and MAN.... This thing is smooth and sweet. It literally is on rails and very comfortable. Smoother than my M3 by far and the handling, geez! This is a smile maker. Huge Thank You's to you all
congrats that looks like a home run !
Old 07-14-2021, 08:30 PM
Jason C
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

16 981BGTS 6MT x73
So took possession of my first Pcar yesterday! 981B GTS 6MT x73. This car is AMAZING! Coming out of a BMW E92 I was concerned about ride with the x73 especially w 20" wheels. I had narrowed my search to two cars one with PASM and this x73. I was very nervous the ride would be harsh. After some great advice and info gathered on this forum I chose the x73 and MAN.... This thing is smooth and sweet. It literally is on rails and very comfortable. Smoother than my M3 by far and the handling, geez! This is a smile maker. Huge Thank You's to you all
i think the 981 generation GTS front end is the best in the business. Gorgeous.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:14 PM
AZ Boxster
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, I am in the market and I think you made the right decision OP. The GTS could very well be the best bang-for-buck vehicle right now. You are getting the last of the great flat 6 roadsters without spending $130k. Congrats!!!
The following users liked this post:
Fronttrunk (07-26-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 10:49 PM
Paul Quilter
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank the LORD I found this site. I have been reading a ton of threads (as google provides) and have recently joined. In reading I have decide that a 981BS 6MT is the car for me. My current DD is a wonderful truck that I love but need a little more excitement in my life. I had a E92 NA-V8 6MT BMW M3 that was a great car but bought that when I was looking at Pcars. I also love the new Miata RF but I know I won't be satisfied until the P-Crest is in the garage. Im looking to reduce miles on the truck (approx 25k/year) and have fun while doing it. I bought the M3 because of the backseat for youngster but now old enough to ride shotgun. So I really feel the best car for in town, no track, some-what DD, with the fun of a rag top is the 981 boxer S (Like the E92 I love a NA engine). That being said, are the PASM and/or the sport exhaust necessary? It seems hard enough to find a 981BS w/o pdf and a 6MT yet alone with these other options. I have located one 6MT w/o these, that is CPO. So additional question is does the CPO offset lack of options (less than 30k miles). Finally the CPO has 20" Carrera wheels, are these too harsh a ride? Thanks in advance for your willingness to assist a new Pcar owner.
I would not be fixated on the manual transmission tbh. The PDK is a great option and easier to find. In my opinion the PSE and PASM are a must have. Both just add to the special character of these cars. The 20" wheels are what are on my Cayman GTS and the ride is fine on all except the roughest pothole ridden roads.

Quick Reply: 981 Advice