Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Mod: FD Motorsports Fister vs Carnewal

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:27 PM
maekwl
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 64 Posts
Question Muffler Mod: FD Motorsports Fister vs Carnewal

Im looking at either the Carenwal or FD Motorsports Fister exhaust mods for my 981 cayman S. These 2 mods seem to turn up the volume while keeping the flat 6 NA sounds I love so much. From what I can gather they are both somewhat similar mods in that they re route around some of the tubing in the muffler to increase exhaust volume. Similar to the Sports Exhaust but with out an off switch.

Does anyone know if either mod is vastly different or if one is louder then the other?

In general I see that both companies have enthusiastic support and both have been super helpful in answering my questions. Trying to figure out which way I should go.

https://cantrellmotorsport.com/carnewal-muffler-mods/
https://fdmotorsports.net/fister-sport-exhaust

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2021, 06:33 AM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,708 Likes on 650 Posts

Some details on the Carnewal here.
Not comparative, sorry, but I did get a sound clip - not that internet sound clips should be considered anything near accurate...

Generally though, the Carnewal is considered mild in the after-market muffler options list.

Old 03-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
Default FD/Carnewal

Can’t go wrong either way IMHO— just be realistic in expectations as there really is only so much that can be done going this mod. What really made the diff were the headers/200 cell cats in combination. Still not an uncorked air cooled symphony but much more enjoyable.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:03 PM
maekwl
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Van Larson
Can’t go wrong either way IMHO— just be realistic in expectations as there really is only so much that can be done going this mod. What really made the diff were the headers/200 cell cats in combination. Still not an uncorked air cooled symphony but much more enjoyable.
thanks for this. Fab speed 200 cell headers will go along with this. I’m looking for tame but a bit spicy in the higher rpms but with out changing the sounds too much.

Originally Posted by Kuro Neko
Some details on the Carnewal here.
Not comparative, sorry, but I did get a sound clip - not that internet sound clips should be considered anything near accurate...

Generally though, the Carnewal is considered mild in the after-market muffler options list.
Thank you. Mild is what I’m looking for. Just a bit of a boost. I like the info in your linked post but LOVE the photos.

Quick Reply: Muffler Mod: FD Motorsports Fister vs Carnewal