Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 BS Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 07:15 PM
Keedo
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2013 BS Carplay

Heyoo,

Looking to potentially getting carplay integrated into my current setup. Currently completely stock but with the factory Bose system.

I see its pretty hit or miss on being able to do it, anyone have someone they recommend for this? I'd like to keep the OEM unit if possible as I much prefer that look. Aftermarket is an option but not preferred. Located near Chicago if that helps!

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:36 PM
solo118
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey

Was looking at the same when briefly exploring 981's

Looks like most are using Nick from NM Automotive
https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

Another site I found, but did not look much into it
https://www.unichip-tec.com/

Old 02-08-2021, 06:29 PM
ICNU
Pro

Received 412 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Keedo
Heyoo,

Looking to potentially getting carplay integrated into my current setup. Currently completely stock but with the factory Bose system.

I see its pretty hit or miss on being able to do it, anyone have someone they recommend for this? I'd like to keep the OEM unit if possible as I much prefer that look. Aftermarket is an option but not preferred. Located near Chicago if that helps!

Thanks!
Lookup Joyeauto for Porsche PCM, as that seems to be a popular DIY plug in method. There are several threads both here and on Planet-9 with owners that have done it. Its an add in board and device that requires the removal of the factory PCM, but looks fairly straightforward, although tedious with all the steps required and is reported to be a 4 hour or so job taking your time

Last edited by ICNU; 02-08-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:06 PM
Visual
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Keedo
Heyoo,

Thanks!
Definitely not hit or miss. It's a very well documented working retrofit by now. Lots of people have done this install in various vehicles running PCM 3, whether it's 991, 981, or 958, etc. Most people choose between the NM Automotive or Joyeauto unit, there's pros and cons to each, up to you to decide. I just recently installed the carplay unit with a backup camera, it's hard to mess up if you read up on the various threads here on the forums.

Quick Reply: 2013 BS Carplay