Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI Near Pinehurst, NC

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Jonas Dawson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI Near Pinehurst, NC

There's a 2013 Boxster S in Pinehurst, NC that I'm looking to have inspected prior to signing the dotted line on the sale. I see there are some reputable shops closer to Raleigh and Cary, but that's over an hour away from Pinehurst and I worry that the seller won't agree to take the car that far. I am not local to NC.

This will be my first Porsche if this works out. Really appreciate any suggestions you can offer!
Old 12-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Robert Nixon
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

I guess first you should just ask the seller before assuming they won't do something.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:28 PM
Jonas Dawson
4th Gear

As an update, I found a shop called Vintage & Modern European Services which was about 15 minutes away from Pinehurst. They helped me spot a few issues and seemed very knowledgeable about Porsche vehicles. Hopefully this helps someone in the future!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:58 PM
optimaxed
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas Dawson
As an update, I found a shop called Vintage & Modern European Services which was about 15 minutes away from Pinehurst. They helped me spot a few issues and seemed very knowledgeable about Porsche vehicles. Hopefully this helps someone in the future!
Thanks for letting the group know. What issues did they find in the car ? Did you purchase the car ?
Old 12-23-2020, 10:07 PM
Jonas Dawson
4th Gear

A few things...

1. The rear brakes were squealing. The owner agreed to replace the rotors.
2. The tires are nearly at the wear bars.
3. Both the frunk and trunk lids had been repainted, and there was some evidence of fisheyes in the paint on the frunk. The seller wasn't aware of the trunk lid's repainting, but they had the frunk repainted because of rock chips.

The quality issues with the repainting had me a bit frustrated, but I ended up grabbing it because other than what was listed (which are predominantly normal wear and tear) there were no other mechanical issues and it's decked out with practically every option that was available for a 2013 Boxster S and the negotiated price seemed reasonable enough at $41k. Additionally, it seems especially hard to find ones equipped with torque vectoring, and since it'll be my daily driver I wanted the limited slip differential in case I need to drive in a bit of snow.

Last edited by Jonas Dawson; 12-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:46 PM
ncster
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas Dawson
The quality issues with the repainting had me a bit frustrated, but I ended up grabbing it because other than what was listed (which are predominantly normal wear and tear) there were no other mechanical issues and it's decked out with practically every option that was available for a 2013 Boxster S and the negotiated price seemed reasonable enough at $41k. Additionally, it seems especially hard to find ones equipped with torque vectoring, and since it'll be my daily driver I wanted the limited slip differential in case I need to drive in a bit of snow.
Congrats on the car!

If it was just the rear trunk that was repainted and not the bumper, collision damage is unlikely. Probably hail damage or something like that.

I just bought a 2014 Cayman S w/ just about all performance options (PASM, PTV, PSE, Sports Chrono) and then some for $45k. Meticulous condition with a perfect service record (came with a binder with all receipts). PPF on the front half of the car. $41k for a Boxster S w/ similar options would be a pretty good price assuming similar options and mileage (mine was just over 45k miles).

PTV is really hard to find. In my search, I saw a total of 5 cars with PTV, and 2 of them weren't quite what I wanted. Enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: PPI Near Pinehurst, NC